+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 19 Year Old Fashion Model, Need Some Help

Hi, recently I've developed a huge fear of my hairline receding. My father and my uncles have receded hairlines and also both of my grandfathers have bald heads (there is still hair on the sides).

Needless to say, pretty much every male in my family is receding.

Now, I want to prevent that from happening. I've always had amazing hair and just now I've seen a bit of receding happening, nothing major but it's beginning.

I am 19 years old and also a fashion model, image is very important for my career (no kidding).

Now, I don't want to offend anyone, I am aware that this is a forum for bald guys and I still have a full head of hair but I've been told that the best way to prevent from going bald is to start treating early, so, here I am.

If you look at my pictures, the sides are fine, but in the front, I've noticed a bit of receding.

I've never had baby hairs like that in the front, so its a clear indicator that the hair in the front is thinning.

Now, please don't tell me that I am fine and that I shouldn't do anything, I want to address this issue while I still have a full head of hair.

I've heard about propecia but not so glad that it temporarily damages libido for some guys, maybe I'll try it to see if it affects me.

What kind of medication do you guys think I should hop on? Is there anything that maintains my hairline? Please let me know.

In the pictures: the one with the most receded hairline is my father who is 45 years old and the one with the least receded hairline is my uncle who is 40 years old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dad.jpg

Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	35771   Click image for larger version

Name:	dan.jpg

Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	35772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg

Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	35773   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0243.JPG

Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	35774  

Finasteride is the best thing available to save your hair. Simple as that. Talk to a doctor about potential sides and then decide if it is right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Finasteride is the best thing available to save your hair. Simple as that. Talk to a doctor about potential sides and then decide if it is right for you.
    what makes you recommend that over propecia?

Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger2995 View Post
    what makes you recommend that over propecia?
    Finasteride what's in Propecia or Proscar. Propecia has 1mg and Proscar has 5mg. You cut Proscar and it's cheaper

Not sure if I would take Finasteride (i.e., Propecia or Proscar) yet or if I did it would be at a lower dose or 2-3 times a week. Atleast use a shampoo with ketoconazole 2-3 times a week (i.e., nizoral or other brands). I would defiantly keep tabs on your hair as far as loss. I wish I knew about this site years ago. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Finasteride what's in Propecia or Proscar. Propecia has 1mg and Proscar has 5mg. You cut Proscar and it's cheaper

Not sure if I would take Finasteride (i.e., Propecia or Proscar) yet or if I did it would be at a lower dose or 2-3 times a week.
    What do you mean by that? Do you think I would have bad side effects since I am young?

What do you mean by that? Do you think I would have bad side effects since I am young?
    Basically Propecia/finastride hasn't been proven to work your whole life, it has X amount of years it will work depending on the case some say it lasted them 5 years, other has been on it for 15, over time it losses its effects though, so if you decide to take it now when you don't have any hair loss when you don't really need it other than a precaution for what might happened who knows when, if ever. I would just keep checking my hair every 6 months - 1 year and see if I starting losing hair and then jump on the pill.

As above propecia saved my hair, I use the below as known as the big 3.

1. Finesteride
    2. Minoxidil
    3. Regenepure Dr and Nt shampoo.

No..... BUT Finasteride can have nasty sides on some. I've been on it for 2 years and no side. I cut my proscar into 7ths. If I could drop it I would, I personally don't like taking drugs unless I HAVE to. It can take up to a year to see the benifits of Finasteride so take pictures and keep them to see progress. I wish I started Fin 7 years ago but I did not know of it. This site has been a blessing.

Check this thread out https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...=12698&page=15 Read it from page one but at the bottom of page 15 it has an interesting chart.

I would not panick too much about side effects, I have had major side effects past experience and there's ways around dealing with side effects. Now 5 years later I'm still on the drug doing superb .

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I would not panick too much about side effects, I have had major side effects past experience and there's ways around dealing with side effects. Now 5 years later I'm still on the drug doing superb .
    What are you taking?

What side effects have you and how have you dealt around them?