+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I would not panick too much about side effects, I have had major side effects past experience and there's ways around dealing with side effects. Now 5 years later I'm still on the drug doing superb .
    Jazz, what did you do to find your way around the side effects? I'm experiencing side effects but too afraid to get off fin and lose any more hair.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Jazz, what did you do to find your way around the side effects? I'm experiencing side effects but too afraid to get off fin and lose any more hair.
    What side effects are you experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger2995 View Post
    What side effects are you experiencing?
    Since losing my hair I have experienced the following side effects: Loss of girlfriend, looks have went to crap, loss of respect from society...

Most of the members on here would kill someone for your hairline. If you're really balding, jump on fin and enjoy the NW1

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Most of the members on here would kill someone for your hairline. If you're really balding, jump on fin and enjoy the NW1
    or pull the classic line "I don't want to mess with my hormones", do nothing and go bald

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    or pull the classic line "I don't want to mess with my hormones", do nothing and go bald
    Yeah, or this ^^

Though some people might think (or hope) that there are other treatments available besides fin/minox/HT, maybe that's the reason we get that argument a lot. Unforunately, as we all know, there aren't really any except for some non-proven ones / experimentals

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Well, put yourself in my position, all of the men in my family are NW3 or NW3-A by 45. It is obvious that it will be the same for me. I understand that NOW my hairline is perfect but it's only getting worse every day from here.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger2995 View Post
    Well, put yourself in my position, all of the men in my family are NW3 or NW3-A by 45. It is obvious that it will be the same for me. I understand that NOW my hairline is perfect but it's only getting worse every day from here.
    Exactly. Do something about it and hopefully you will not end up the same way.

The first place to start with a receding hairline is Minoxidil, try it and see if the recession slows or stops.

The mid to long term solution would be Propecia. I took this at 18 and didn't have sides, however I switched to the cheaper alternative (Proscar) at 19 and had dreadful sides which I have had to deal with to this day (I'm now 24). Either way you should seek medical advice before deciding whether Propecia is for you. It's a long term commitment and the potential damage it can do is far worse than hair loss, even if the chance of that is relatively slim.

I'm currently considering Keratene active. It's supposed to lower DHT less significantly than Propecia, in theory slowing hairloss but avoiding side effects. I haven't tried this product so I can't recommend it, you might want to look into it though.

Remember that finasteride is there to retain your hair, do not expect regrowth from it. Use it long term, and you have a good chance of keeping a full head of hair.

Check out www dot twinshairloss dot com to see a real life case study. (It's not my website)

EDIT: I'm not sure you even have MPB....I assumed the receded photo was you, but if that was your dad...hmmm....