+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Small transplant to improve temples... Is this feasible?

Is it possible to get a very small hair transplant to begin to fill in your temples?

Whilst I seem to have stopped my own hairloss for the time being, I'm not content with the state of my right temple. A clear widows peak has developed, whilst the left temple is still in acceptable condition.

Of the few transplants I have looked at, all of them involve a huge number of grafts and are carried out on people that are high on the norwood scale. Would a surgeon consider doing a minor transplant just to touch up your temples? I'm making decent money this year and can't seem to regrow hair using the conventional means. If such a transplant were possible, I would have no real reason not to go ahead with it.

You fill in the temples now , I, willing to bet that later on you're going back to fill in further loss

Of course it is possible. Doctors may charge you a higher premium for a tiny session but your find no shortage of them to do it if you really want to. I don't know how bad your temples are so I cannot gauge what they would tell you from a consultation but it is probable they'd let you know if they felt it was too early during recession.

For me I want to do this myself except I have a well receded hairline which hasn't changed in years now. And I'd aim for a very conservative adjustment to said hairline. It would still end up looking like I had a receded hairline but thicken it up considerably and make it wider and less pointed.

Ultimately I will try rocking the shaved look before I do this for a bit and then start to aim for acceptable coverage with a good short buzzcut (no FUT for me) and if things get progressively worse I will just add whatever hair I need to in order to maintain a reasonably full buzzcut look.

I fortunately have been blessed with a retarded amount of body hair I can use too if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    You fill in the temples now , I, willing to bet that later on you're going back to fill in further loss
    What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    Of course it is possible. Doctors may charge you a higher premium for a tiny session but your find no shortage of them to do it if you really want to. I don't know how bad your temples are so I cannot gauge what they would tell you from a consultation but it is probable they'd let you know if they felt it was too early during recession.

For me I want to do this myself except I have a well receded hairline which hasn't changed in years now. And I'd aim for a very conservative adjustment to said hairline. It would still end up looking like I had a receded hairline but thicken it up considerably and make it wider and less pointed.

Ultimately I will try rocking the shaved look before I do this for a bit and then start to aim for acceptable coverage with a good short buzzcut (no FUT for me) and if things get progressively worse I will just add whatever hair I need to in order to maintain a reasonably full buzzcut look.

I fortunately have been blessed with a retarded amount of body hair I can use too if needed.
    Would this kind of procedure involve a fue or fut transplant?

Body hair would be FUE. I'd never do FUT I'd rather shave I think. Can't rely on your hair to stay on your head.

Which answers your other question to: if you are young and have a receded hair line it's hard to say how bad it'll get which is why Dave said you might find yourself needing more.

How bad is your hairline? Or just a little bit and okay? And how old?

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    Body hair would be FUE. I'd never do FUT I'd rather shave I think. Can't rely on your hair to stay on your head.

Which answers your other question to: if you are young and have a receded hair line it's hard to say how bad it'll get which is why Dave said you might find yourself needing more.

How bad is your hairline? Or just a little bit and okay? And how old?
    My Dad is completely bald, which supports Dave's view. I started losing my hair at 16 but since then it has virtually stopped; I'm now 21 and on dut and RU. Unfortunately, I didn't get on treatment early enough to prevent my right temple developing an NW2 widows peak. Now I look odd as my left temple is in better condition - I want a small transplant to even them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    My Dad is completely bald, which supports Dave's view. I started losing my hair at 16 but since then it has virtually stopped; I'm now 21 and on dut and RU. Unfortunately, I didn't get on treatment early enough to prevent my right temple developing an NW2 widows peak. Now I look odd as my left temple is in better condition - I want a small transplant to even them up.
    Do as I said carry on with what you just bought and get an 1mm roller should help regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Do as I said carry on with what you just bought and get an 1mm roller should help regrowth.
    I'm impatient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    What makes you say that?
    You are 21 . Too young to predict future hair loss, BUT if you do experience further loss you will look silly with hair at the temples and bald everywhere else which will force you to go back and even it up . It will turn into a never ending battle that you may regret later on in life