+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

not a lot of docs can create proper temples. temples are a key ingredient to framing the face. if done properly, they can greatly enhance your look. did you try looking at FUE temple restoration cases? take a look at European cases, Turkish cases, they seem to have a lot of temporal work involved. good luck

Hey, I am planning to do the same thing. I was born with a big forehead and I'm 28 now and I am receding at the temples as well as hair thinning at the front. I am considering Dr Hakan Doganay from Turkey, I heard of him on BaldTruth.com and he is recommended by The American Hair Loss Association and The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons. I am not advertising him, it's just the doctor I am considering at the moment, sorry if I broke some anti-advertising policy on this forum that I am wasn't aware of.

I am planning to do this in February as I want my to grow my long hair back again so the sooner the better since I need two years to grow hair till my shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I think you're in the same dilemma as me at the moment. And that is whether I want to make my hairline perfect for the time being and risk of spending a good portion of my grafts from the donor area that I could use in the future if I start losing my hair even more or being economical and saving the grafts for later when I might need them more.

It's an interesting dilemma I have to say. The thing is I cannot predict how much I will lose my hair in the future since nobody is bald in my family but I think I inherited the big forehead and Vincent Price hairline from my paternal grandfather who unfortunately passed away and I have very few pictures of him so I am not sure what he's hair looked like when he was younger. He still had it at the age of 82 when he passed but with massive receding at the temple areas and I am not sure how thin it was at the front.

Always consider family history for the men with MPB on either side of the family. If they are not using effective hair loss meds, then thw worst case scenario should be considered.

But it's the scientific fact that MPB is progressive for anyone who has MPB. And so placement of any of the grafts whether it's the temporal lobe areas or the commencement of the hairline should be considered from that viewpoint, a mature placement and position.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin