+ Reply to Thread

Default Help when to start fin

Hey guys, Im 22 and thinning pretty hard all over my entire top of the head, like every part, no hairless spots, besides my hairline, just really thin you can see through it. This started around 18 and now looks like it may be the end soon and im going to have to shave it off. Ive come to terms with it over the years though so Im not to down on it but definitely sucks and has caused some confidence issues.
    Any ways ive used nizoral/s5 cream/ tricomni combo for about 6 months now (I know not long at all in terms of treatment length) and havnt seen any results at all, but I feel if im ever going to get on fin it should be now.
    So heres my delima/question, im currently in my last semester of school and will be done in April. After that I will most likely be job less and chilling for a month or so or working some minimum wage job. I feel like this would be a great time to get on fin as I would not be to concerned with the shedding and can short of lay low for a little. However I would like to start it sooner, im thinking in December when I have a month off school and then another month of short/pointless classes before the semester picks up. I mostly where a cap to class but their is the occasion a couple times a month when we have to present and won't where one. So my question is would the two months in between semesters give me enough time to get over the worst part of the beginning shed, like by mid February would the shedding still look bad or should i just continue my current regime and wait till April to start fin?

Sorry for the length,
    Thanks for any advice!

Hey buddy!

I wouldn't stress too much about the "shedding" period, it may happen or it may not. For most, it is usually not a major change. Given what you have told us I would get on Fin asap, it would be great to see some pics if possible?

Cheers mate!

Mike.

Thanks for the reply! Was not to sure about the shedding part of fin. Tried looking up about it but always found different answers. So you are saying then that it wouldn't affect the person as far as them losing all hair on top? Also do you know how long the possible shed period might be.
    I don't have any pictures right now, ill see if I can take and upload some. But id say im at a nw2 that is thinning in all places that would soon make it a nw6 i belive. Its a really strange hairloss that i havnt really seen anyone else like it where i live. My family is basically all bald, except my 26 year old brother who somehow has escaped it for now, although he is thinning a little. The thing that bothers me is my dad, older brother and uncles that are bald at least they didnt start till mid to late 20's and it was a slower process.