+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Fast and Furious 7 trailer out. 3 out of 4 main actors are bald/shaved head.

3 out of the 4 main actors in the new Fast and Furious 7 movie trailer are bald.

Vin Diesel, The Rock, Jason Statham are all balding/bald/shaved head.

Sufferers have hope. These guys have tons of facebook likes and a lot of them are women.

We sufferers can try to live life.

You can't really equate those rich celebrities with an average guy. The most important thing they have besides their fame, money and status is their image.

Human brains always try to classify everything, it helps them operate. That's why there are trends in clothes, haircuts and tattoos- people want to be a part of that group and wear the uniform of that group, be it affliction shirt or black trenchcoat.

As a bald guy the most important thing is not be classified into the boring, old, middle aged, sick group.

That's why there is that steryotype that you have to be big muscular meathead if bald. It conveys that you are a part of that group to our primitive brains. It says that you don't lead boring existence, that you go to parties, that you are strong and not a part of the boring middle aged looking guys etc.

That is required for success amongst women.

But there are average non rich guys with average facial aesthethics and bodies that get average women.

See this for example:

They live in 240 sq ft apartment in New York(doesn't sound like a rich guy to me) and plan on getting married.

I dont know about all that but who really cares if some bald guys are in a movie? I mean yeah it happens. How many shows like the bachelor or soap operas that target women have NW 7 guys on them? I mean pointing out some bald guys on one of these shows doesnt automatically negate the fact that most of them are not. I mean even for me from a neutral stand point I would easily say men with nice hair like NW 1 look a lot younger and better overall than advanced norwoods so i completely see why women also think that. This stuff always devolves into people arguing opinions because I could point out some girls that like bald guys too.
    Regardless of what others think its more how someone feels losing their hair that hurts. So that is part of the problem too not just outward appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by SweatMeister View Post
    You can't really equate those rich celebrities with an average guy. The most important thing they have besides their fame, money and status is their image.

Human brains always try to classify everything, it helps them operate. That's why there are trends in clothes, haircuts and tattoos- people want to be a part of that group and wear the uniform of that group, be it affliction shirt or black trenchcoat.

As a bald guy the most important thing is not be classified into the boring, old, middle aged, sick group.

That's why there is that steryotype that you have to be big muscular meathead if bald. It conveys that you are a part of that group to our primitive brains. It says that you don't lead boring existence, that you go to parties, that you are strong and not a part of the boring middle aged looking guys etc.

That is required for success amongst women.

But there are average non rich guys with average facial aesthethics and bodies that get average women.

See this for example:

They live in 240 sq ft apartment in New York(doesn't sound like a rich guy to me) and plan on getting married.

At least he has a gf

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    At least he has a gf
    When trying to describe the "positives" in a bald/balding person's life I find that the words "at least" are used pretty often. For example: "yeah you may be a NW7, but at least you are alive".

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    When trying to describe the "positives" in a bald/balding person's life I find that the words "at least" are used pretty often. For example: "yeah you may be a NW7, but at least you are alive".
    So much this. Virtually everyone looks better with hair. Depending on the shape of their head some people still look good bald while others look terrible. I would go from a ten with a full head of hair to a four if I was totally bald. It is different for everyone, so can we stop with the, "just shave your head and accept it" bs.