+ Reply to Thread

Default Clobetasol hair regrowth

I've been losing hair since August, but I've noticed itchiness and sebum like plugs attached to the hair. I've been to dermatologist and my regular doctor and neither of them can figure it out. I've been told telogen effluvium is a possibility due to stress but male pattern baldness could also be playing a role. The latest diagnosis was sebborhic dermatitis, so my doctor gave me a clobetasol shampoo. I was wondering if anyone had any hair re growth or experience with it?

Anyone?

Hey man, I have that exact same thing. Sebum/keratin plugs, loss, itch etc.. It happened to me after one year on fin and 3 on minox. It really never went away and I treated it with clobetasol, tar shampoos, keto shampoo, acv rinses etc.. Are you on any meds at all or no? Clobetasol didn't regrow anything for me, but look into sulfasalazine. That could really help you. I get anxiety on it and what not so I really don't use it anymore, but sebum plugs sort of lessened on it.

Sd is usually a hormonal/ androgen problem so if you aren't on meds, get on one. My situation is odd and I'm pretty much beat lol. Look into diet as well because I noticed when eating starches it would get worse. And stay away from sugar if you can as well.

Goodluck dude

This is an old thread but I thought I'd update you. I only ever used the stuff twice because as a steroid it can cause thinning of the skin, which isn't really a good thing. What I really think was going on was an overgrowth of yeast. It would be triggered by things such as taking an antibiotic, which kills the good bacteria (and bad) allowing for an overgrowth of bacteria/yeast on the scalp. Clobetasol helped, but in the long run you're right cutting out sugar and a lot of excessive carbs actually helped lessen the itch, plugs, and loss. Another thing I noticed is reducing PMO to almost never, although hard, makes a huge difference. Maybe it's a placebo affect, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    Hey man, I have that exact same thing. Sebum/keratin plugs, loss, itch etc.. It happened to me after one year on fin and 3 on minox. It really never went away and I treated it with clobetasol, tar shampoos, keto shampoo, acv rinses etc.. Are you on any meds at all or no? Clobetasol didn't regrow anything for me, but look into sulfasalazine. That could really help you. I get anxiety on it and what not so I really don't use it anymore, but sebum plugs sort of lessened on it.

Sd is usually a hormonal/ androgen problem so if you aren't on meds, get on one. My situation is odd and I'm pretty much beat lol. Look into diet as well because I noticed when eating starches it would get worse. And stay away from sugar if you can as well.

Goodluck dude
    Hey Ziggy, have you booked your appointment with Rahal for your surgery yet?

I saw on another post that you said you were calling him..

Also, you have no sides on AA meds at all?