+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Frontal Hair Growth after using Nanogen Scalproller

Hi all,

I skimmed over alot of posts and there seems to be alot of depressed guys out there concerning their hair loss.
    I don't want to give false hope to anyone, but hopefully this thread will help somebody.

My story:

I am 34 yrs old. I am 2 months out from having a HT in my crown region only. At present the crown region has only grown 20% so nothing much to report here.

Before the HT, I wasn't using anything to stop the hair loss, except for sporadic use of propecia on and off. This was because I never believed I could grow hair, let alone stop hair loss.

Well, after the HT, I decided that I would do everything possible to ensure the best survival of the transplanted hairs. (short of throwing the kitchen sink at it).

So I started taking:

1) Promox 5% or ******* 5% 2 x daily
    2) Hair Max Laser Comb 1x daily
    3) Saw Palmetto 3200mg
    4) Hair vitamins
    5) Revivogen shampoo, alternating with Hair Cycle Shampoo
    6) MSM 3000 mg
    7) Biotin spray (only on crown region for the HT)
    8) ******* 15% Plus every 3 days only at night
    9) Dutasteride 1 mg

Now I had been using most of this stuff after the HT, but it was only after I started using the Nanogen scalproller, that I noticed that I am now getting frontal hairs growing for the 1st time in 14 years, only after a week of using it. This is in the region where I did not get any hair transplant work done. If these frontal hairs keep growing, at this rate, my temple regions will fill in. Growth is mostly in the widows peak region.

If you don't know what a scalproller is, google it. Its this vicious looking roller device which makes little pinprick holes (0.5mm depth) in your scalp, and supposedly allows absorption of minoxidl up to 5x. Yes, it hurts a little bit when you use it. Similar devices - dermarollers have been used to increase penetration of skincare products to help aid in healing of acne scars, help with wrinkles etc.

They are still v.fine vellus like, but my widow peak temple regions are now definitely v.slowly filling in. Hopefully, I won't need to get a 2nd HT done on my temple region later.

What I do on the temple region:

1) Use the scalproller on my temple region 1x daily at night

I don't use it on the recipient crown region- too scared it will affect the HT.

2) apply Promox 5% or ******* 5% with Azaelic Acid, (every 3 days I use ******* 15% Plus on temples)

3) apply thin layer of topical spirolactone every night to temple region

I am not 100% sure if the scalproller is the main cause of this growth, because I am using alot of other products as well, BUT I only noticed the frontal hairs starting to grow AFTER I started using the scalproller.

The reason why i use spirolactone and ******* is because I read some thread on another forum about some guy using *******, retin A and spirolactone on his temples, and getting frontal hair growth. I don't think he was even using the scalproller.

(just to clarify, I do not work for Nanogen or any hair loss company or surgeon, I am just a normal guy like you)

So maybe if some guys are willing to try this and see if it helps you too, PLEASE give some feedback on this thread, especially if you get some real results with this. We can then spread the word, and help some people in the process.

can you please contact me or post here the info to purchase that nano roller..

Thank you in advance!

I don't know where you are located, but here is the main website for the scalproller:

nanogen.co.uk

I got mine from nanogenaustralia.com

Hope it works for you too! Btw, I think combining it with promox 5% spray or ******* 15% plus helps, as both these products contain topical finasteride, which is supposed to increase the effectiveness of the minox about 3x according to one clinical study.

They do it in a 0.3mm version too if your particularly thin or have a more sensitive scalp.

Keep the updates coming heir2b would be good to hear how you get on with the Scalproller and what you think the best mix of topicals are.

hey guys,

NOTE BELOW: This is all w.r.t my temple region only. Not the HT region.

Well the widows peak on the right side of my temple has filled in already with normal hair, but the left side is catching up.
    On top of that, I have hundreds of tiny vellus hairs which are about 1-2 cm below the level of my current hairline which are growing.

I am hoping these will turn into proper hairs eventually, but I suspect it will take a few months for the hair follicles to become normal size.

This is almost like a science experiment (lol).

Anyway, to get some progression instead of regression-- well i am not complaining.

I think adding the scalproller to the regime definitely helps though. It is also good for getting rid of wrinkles and acne scars. I've got a few fine lines on my forehead and I used it there as well, and the lines are starting to fade. Multipurpose hehe (lol). Mind u it is specifically suppose to be used for hairloss, but almost identical devices- dermarollers have been used by women for acne and wrinkles for quite some time now to increase penetration of the solutions. Actually I read that the dermarollers have an 85% success rate with hairloss treatment too. The scalproller is supposedly the only kind of 'dermaroller' that is designed specifically for hair loss though. It is also the only device that can activate PRP therapy for hairloss.

Take a look at the thread 'How are you guys coping?" and I have posted some comments there.

Thank You..Im in the USA, will need to buy here..

You'll be looking like your 18 again with all that silky smooth skin at the rate your going!!!

Hows the experiment going? Any updates?

Andyman, the right side widows peak is almost closed. The left side is still doing a catch up, but some of the widows peak vellus hairs are now actually turning into proper hairs now.

There are some vellus hairs which are also growing about 1-2 cm below my normal hairline which looks slightly odd at this stage, but overall i'm not complaining. Now if it can also lower my hairline an inch that would be a miracle!

I am switching from promox 5% to Dr Lees new Minoxidil 6%- Plus (www.minoxidil.com), because the retin A is tolerable but a little bit too irritating. They both contain topical finasteride, which is one of the core ingredients I believe for the frontal hair regrowth. Apparently I heard higher concentrations of Minoxidil (over 5%) don't necessarily require retin A for effectiveness.

I will use the Minoxidil 6% Plus 2x daily, with the ******* 15% Plus every 2nd night. (both contain topical finasteride). I have also ordered some topical liquid spirolactone. I think that is the ultimate 3 hit combo, together with the scalproller, dutasteride, revivogen shampoo, saw palmetto 3200 mg and Hairmax Laser comb.

Finally somethings working!!

I saw the scalp roller advertised. This product is not even clinically tested, I'd be interested to see some of your before/after pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by heir2b View Post
    Andyman, the right side widows peak is almost closed. The left side is still doing a catch up, but some of the widows peak vellus hairs are now actually turning into proper hairs now.
    Wow that sounds like incredible progress... in the space of a month between your posts....

I'd also be interested in seeing some before and after pictures....