+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Shaving my head a year after FUE HT

I just wanted to get some opinion on this. For almost 7 years I had shaved my head every morning with a razor blade before I had my FUE. I think I was an NW6 on the scale. Anyway, I had my second FUE session almost exactly a year ago. So far I am happy with the result. However, although I wanted the choice of hair, I loved having a shaved head (some of the time). I know this not going to make sense to everyone. People are going to ask why did you get the HT then! The FUE gave me a choice whereas before I had no choice. Anyway, I have been itching to shave my head or do a blade number 1 or 0 all over - for almost a year. However, I have been told that you should not shave or use clippers in the first 12 months, and it's better to let your hair grow. Anyway, I couldn't help myself. I went into a hairdressers today and asked for blade 1 all over. It feels good. However, I don't want to also jeopardise my continued hair growth. So what I am asking is, will having hair so short stop any further grafts from growing or coming out. That is if they are still coming out after 12 months!

I am not planning on cutting it again for at least a few weeks. Opinions and advice please!

Could you please show pictures of your shaved head? I always wondered how does it look after transplant especially on higher Norwoods. Are your white dots noticeable?

The answer is no. The dots are not noticeable. Secondly, I am not going to share pictures of my head. I want to keep my life private. Don't take it personally. I am happy to answer any questions though. I have always appreciated this forum. It's helped me in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    The answer is no. The dots are not noticeable. Secondly, I am not going to share pictures of my head. I want to keep my life private. Don't take it personally. I am happy to answer any questions though. I have always appreciated this forum. It's helped me in the past.
    just buzz it to 3mm it should looks good and way better than it used to look when you used to shave it prior to FUE since you'll have a hairline now to frame your face.
    personally, i believe the best look for advanced cases (nw5 and nw6) is to keep the hair short as keeping it long in most cases will make it look very thin specially under sun and some other harsh lights.

Thanks. You are right it does look better now compared to before - mainly because of the hair line. I agree, when I had the first session and I had it a bit long, it felt a bit like a combover but after the second, it's much thicker. However, you still see through in places in strong light.

Thanks. You are right it does look better now compared to before - mainly because of the hair line. I agree, when I had the first session and I had it a bit long, it felt a bit like a combover but after the second, it's much thicker. However, you still see through in places in strong light.
    Hey man. I read your post and it's exactly what I have been thinking about doing. I have shaved my head for over a decade even back when I had a full head of hair, I would be like a nw6 now and have been thinking about a ht but I want to go back to shaving after that. I don't really want hair but I don't want the damn horseshoe shape either. I'm wondering what your hair looks like after your ht? If you shave your head now do you think the pattern will stand out or will it look like your shaved by choice? Any info would be great.

sounds good... did you already shave it? how short did you go?

Also can i ask how many total grafts you had in both HTs?

I'm just stumbling onto this. Did you ever shave it down to 0 and how did it look? Thanks!

Hi, It has been such a long time for me, and this forum . This forum was very helpful for me.

Anyway, initially the first 3-5 years I kept my hair a normal length. mainly because my wife moans when I have it like a crew cut. However, in the last 6 months I have been having a number 2 or 3 on top and 0.5 or number 1 on the side. I like that look and I feel it suits me. More importantly because of my age, I now have a lot of white hair, so number 2 hits most of that I like the shaved head style with a stubble. I realise that might sound strange for someone who had implants.

Anyway, I don't regret my implants. Most hairdressers are really impressed with mine, even though I didn't go to anyone well known or anyone expensive.

I wish it was a bit thicker, and I may get a third done at some stage. But I was completely, and I mean completely bold, so given where I was and where I am now, its a little miracle for me. If you see my head now, you would struggle to believe it. Even though it is not proper thick, it is good enough.

I hope that helps you.

Hey, thanks for responding so quickly. Did you ever shave down to a 0 with a razor? Thanks for all of your insight.