Shaving my head a year after FUE HT

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinkingaboutit
    • Sep 2012

I am trying to PM you. Not sure how. I have sent you a friend request. I assume after you accept it may allow me to PM you. I can then send you my direct contact details.

Originally posted by hairuk84
    Hi thinkingaboutit,
    Thank you for offering your help, i really appreciate it. Lets take this conversation private, i do not want to hijack your thread. i can not see an option to pm you on your profile - it may not be available to me yet (low post count etc reasons). Could you pm me please. THanks

Comment

• Gubter_87
      • Aug 2010

Hi thinkingaboutit. I would be very interested in seeing your results as I am in a similar situation. I have sent you a friend request and would really appreciate if you could share your pics. Thanks!

Comment

• hairuk84
        • Nov 2014

Hi thinkingaboutit,
        I have accepted your friend request but i still cant see a link to pm you. Can you see anything at your end?

Comment

• justauser
          • Sep 2019

I'm just stumbling onto this. Did you ever shave it down to 0 and how did it look? Thanks!

Comment

• thinkingaboutit
            • Sep 2012

Hi, It has been such a long time for me, and this forum . This forum was very helpful for me.

Anyway, initially the first 3-5 years I kept my hair a normal length. mainly because my wife moans when I have it like a crew cut. However, in the last 6 months I have been having a number 2 or 3 on top and 0.5 or number 1 on the side. I like that look and I feel it suits me. More importantly because of my age, I now have a lot of white hair, so number 2 hits most of that I like the shaved head style with a stubble. I realise that might sound strange for someone who had implants.

Anyway, I don't regret my implants. Most hairdressers are really impressed with mine, even though I didn't go to anyone well known or anyone expensive.

I wish it was a bit thicker, and I may get a third done at some stage. But I was completely, and I mean completely bold, so given where I was and where I am now, its a little miracle for me. If you see my head now, you would struggle to believe it. Even though it is not proper thick, it is good enough.

I hope that helps you.

Comment

• justauser
              • Sep 2019

Hey, thanks for responding so quickly. Did you ever shave down to a 0 with a razor? Thanks for all of your insight.

Comment

• thinkingaboutit
                • Sep 2012

No, I never did a 0 or blade job, the main reason being is that you would be able to see the graft marks at the back. With a stable you can't see it.

Comment

• justauser
                  • Sep 2019

Would the donor spots at 0 really be that visible or would you have to be pretty close? Small imperfections and scars like that generally fade with time, especially being that small, I would think. Thanks!

Comment

• BuzzBaldrin
                    • Mar 2019

Have you ever razor shaved transplanted hair? If I could get a transplant and somewhere down the road razor it off without it being obvious I had a transplant that would be nice as a backup plan.

Comment

Working...