+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Where did this white dots from FUE come from? I've had FUE 6 months ago and there has never been any white dots.

Maybe it's because my FUE was done by a reputed surgeon with a 0,75 mm punch.

This myth just gives more reasons to people who are suffering to also rule out FUE from their potential solutions.

"I could do FUE and then shave my head", then people come and say, "You won't be able to, because of the white dots!" Nonsense.

As the first replier said, we need pictures of these "white dots", I've never seen any. It sounds like the "minoxidil gives wrinkles" myth.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

As the first replier said, we need pictures of these "white dots", I've never seen any. It sounds like the "minoxidil gives wrinkles" myth.
    Hey Fred,
    Maybe i am just paranoid. But see my thread (https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=18073) > third post called "Immediate Post Op Pictures " > very first image. You can just about see them. I do not know if they will be visible if i shave my head.

It just seems that your donor area has been harvested in a very poor pattern. But I don't think anyone would notice it anyway.

Hi HairUK84, I can try and send you some pictures with my face blurred out - when I get a minute to do it. I work in the City, I can PM you my details, and if you want to pop by my office one day, then it's not an issue. I don't mind.

In my opinion - it's only my opinion - that if you are an NW5, and you've had 4 HT then something is not right. Seriously 4! I think best thing is to see my picture and meet me in person and you judge how you could improve your situation. Although it's not perfect, I am happy with it. Everyone who see's it says you can't even tell. I am not one of those people who believes that you have to go to the most famous surgeon or the most expensive. I do believe reputation does matter. However, if my HT proves anything, it says that you can pay peanuts and still have the same results as paying 4 or 5 times more. I don't spend time on here promoting any surgeon. I am not an expert. I may get one more FUE, although at the moment I don't feel I need it. But if I want perfection and to make it even thicker I may get one more done.

Regarding the white dots. I can't comment. I am brown skilled. My ancestors are South Asian (so Indian for those that don't know). So I have straight hair and dark skin. So I can't comment on white dots. But my family say you can't see any marks at all.

Speaking to others who have had FUE with light skin, most people don't have this white spot issue that I have heard recently on this tread. However, as I said I am not an expert. I can only comment on my own experience. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hairuk84 View Post
    Hey thinkingaboutit,
    I live close to London and i would like to meet up for a quick chat if possible? I would classify myself as an NW5, but ive had 4 transplants, totaling to 3200 FUE over the last 8 years. I am locked into quite a young hairline because i had my temples filled in very early (mistake i know). I had the most recent session 5 weeks ago to fill in areas behind hairline and 'some' of the crown. Most of the crown was left untouched as there are not enough grafts to fill it. Plus i need to conserve grafts for future sessions to fill mid scalp.

Getting a HT every year is already starting to feel like a huge distruption and i have started thinking about shaving it all to 1 blade. I am concerned about white dots. I would love to meet up or see your pics (if you can email them?).

Many thanks

Hi thinkingaboutit,
    Thank you for offering your help, i really appreciate it. Lets take this conversation private, i do not want to hijack your thread. i can not see an option to pm you on your profile - it may not be available to me yet (low post count etc reasons). Could you pm me please. THanks

I am trying to PM you. Not sure how. I have sent you a friend request. I assume after you accept it may allow me to PM you. I can then send you my direct contact details.

Quote Originally Posted by hairuk84 View Post
    Hi thinkingaboutit,
    Thank you for offering your help, i really appreciate it. Lets take this conversation private, i do not want to hijack your thread. i can not see an option to pm you on your profile - it may not be available to me yet (low post count etc reasons). Could you pm me please. THanks

Hi thinkingaboutit. I would be very interested in seeing your results as I am in a similar situation. I have sent you a friend request and would really appreciate if you could share your pics. Thanks!

Hi thinkingaboutit,
    I have accepted your friend request but i still cant see a link to pm you. Can you see anything at your end?

I'm just stumbling onto this. Did you ever shave it down to 0 and how did it look? Thanks!

Hi, It has been such a long time for me, and this forum . This forum was very helpful for me.

Anyway, initially the first 3-5 years I kept my hair a normal length. mainly because my wife moans when I have it like a crew cut. However, in the last 6 months I have been having a number 2 or 3 on top and 0.5 or number 1 on the side. I like that look and I feel it suits me. More importantly because of my age, I now have a lot of white hair, so number 2 hits most of that I like the shaved head style with a stubble. I realise that might sound strange for someone who had implants.

Anyway, I don't regret my implants. Most hairdressers are really impressed with mine, even though I didn't go to anyone well known or anyone expensive.

I wish it was a bit thicker, and I may get a third done at some stage. But I was completely, and I mean completely bold, so given where I was and where I am now, its a little miracle for me. If you see my head now, you would struggle to believe it. Even though it is not proper thick, it is good enough.

I hope that helps you.