+ Reply to Thread

Default Telogen Effluvium (Questions)

Hey, I posted on this Forum earlier regarding some hairloss that I had been experiencing. It was diffuse (all over my scalp) and it was just generalised thinning.

It started around over a month ago. But before that, around Late June. I started working out, a lot. I'm talking running a lot, sit ups, weight lifting. You name it. I lost over 30 kilos (66LBS) in 3 months basically. Also at the time, I sometimes slipped up on my diet, ended up binging on some food (pizza, kebab w.e) and then throwing it up. I'm not sure if this caused a nutritional deficiency in my body. Though, I wasn't eating veg, or fruit or anything of that. I was just eating like junk food. I was also undergoing some emotional stress at that time which may have contributed to it.

So now, my hair started thinning generally all around my scalp. I run my hand through my hair and a few hairs fall out. Every hair has a white bulb attached to the end of it. I went to my doctor (3 separate doctors, 3 separate times) 1 said that if it is hairloss there is nothing that can be done about it. Bear in mind this is the UK. The second doctor said it is not MPB but instead Telogen Effluvium. I then, for reassurance, booked an appointment with the head practitioner of the clinic who also agreed with the previous doctors diagnosis of it being TE.

Now, my question is;

- How long does it last?
    - What are some signs of regrowth that I should be looking for?
    - Why is it that for a day or two the shedding completely halts and then a day or two later it sheds a lot?

Thanks!

Sounds similar to what I have going on, I've long suspected it had something to do with nutrition, weight loss and heavy exercise, some similar issues that you mention in your post, be interesting to see if anyone responds for you and me!

bumping. does anyone have any experience with male TE? is there any truth to it whatsoever? i know TE can often simply be accelerated onset MPB, but has anyone even heard of someone recovering lost hairs, or even just stopping hair loss altogether after a bout of TE? i lose probably 300-500 hairs a day from all over my scalp.