+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dude, for your age, that is a great head of hair.

The way you style it, I doubt anyone can even tell you're thinning. If I get to your age and still have your Barnet I'd be laughing.
    The fin has done amazingly well, just wish it had worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    Honestly I think your hairline looks great considering it's been 3 years since your initial post. I think I can see a little difference in your temples but it's nothing major at all, especially considering the amount of time that has passed. Ultimately it's your decision but I think you look totally fine with the hairline you have now. The temples are a kind of high but could still be considered 'normal,' if you were to get a transplant it'd definitely be a fairly small one.
    If I was to get work done what would you recommend? How many grafts? Super conservative approach? What kind of Norwood am I looking at ending up?

Doctor Representative

Well before any real recommendation I'd want to know more about your family history etc. as well as get you in for an examination to see how your density is doing overall to see if there are any areas that look like they may be thinning out. Based on pictures on the internet alone it's incredibly difficult to tell you what Norwood you'll end up being (likely not one with significant balding based on what you've experienced so far, but you never know for sure).

However, assuming your hair loss won't progress much further, I think a few hundred grafts in each temple just to lower them a bit would make the most sense. Of course if you really would prefer to have the whole hairline lowered that could probably be done, too. In my opinion figuring out where the final hairline will be and it's shape is best when it's a negotiation between the patient's wants and the doctor's recommendations! Hope that helps.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    Well before any real recommendation I'd want to know more about your family history etc. as well as get you in for an examination to see how your density is doing overall to see if there are any areas that look like they may be thinning out. Based on pictures on the internet alone it's incredibly difficult to tell you what Norwood you'll end up being (likely not one with significant balding based on what you've experienced so far, but you never know for sure).

However, assuming your hair loss won't progress much further, I think a few hundred grafts in each temple just to lower them a bit would make the most sense. Of course if you really would prefer to have the whole hairline lowered that could probably be done, too. In my opinion figuring out where the final hairline will be and it's shape is best when it's a negotiation between the patient's wants and the doctor's recommendations! Hope that helps.
    How can you "assume" that at 28 his hair loss won't progress much further"?
    Last edited by Winston; 04-17-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and Terms of Service.

Doctor Representative

The whole point of my post was saying all the 'requirements' he'd need to meet before being eligible for a transplant, then answering his question about what a potential procedure may entail for him.

And if you read the whole topic you'd see he's now 31, and he has lost barely any hair (if any) over the past 3 years. And most relevant to your concerns, I've said a transplant for him at this point isn't necessary, or did you not read my earlier posts too? Thank you for your concern, though.
    Last edited by Winston; 04-17-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Thumbs up

willowufgood: Honestly you look great and if there has been any change in your hairline, you'd need to closely inspect your scalp to detect it. If you really think you look bad in any of those photos, it's the depression talking.

I was about to post my own introductory thread, saying that I think my own hairline is fine - I'm just worried about where it might be headed - but it's clearly a lot further receded than yours!

Also, I've suffered from very serious depression in the past myself, and the things I've personally found most helpful have been:
    * Recognising the irrationality of many of my self-attacking thoughts, even if only in a theoretical way (it eventually filtered down into emotions)
    * Accepting uncertainty and ignorance, rather than obsessively trying to find answers all the time
    * Running regularly
    * Eating well
    * Avoiding alcohol
    * Plenty of sleep
    * Spending time in nature
    * Being aware of which people, places and activities lift me and which bring me down and trying to manage my life accordingly.

I realise the last bunch is very generic, but they worked for me so worth repeating. It was a very long journey for me, but one with a continuous upward trend.

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
    Also, I've suffered from very serious depression in the past myself, and the things I've personally found most helpful have been:
    * Recognising the irrationality of many of my self-attacking thoughts, even if only in a theoretical way (it eventually filtered down into emotions)
    * Accepting uncertainty and ignorance, rather than obsessively trying to find answers all the time
    * Running regularly
    * Eating well
    * Avoiding alcohol
    * Plenty of sleep
    * Spending time in nature
    * Being aware of which people, places and activities lift me and which bring me down and trying to manage my life accordingly.

I realise the last bunch is very generic, but they worked for me so worth repeating. It was a very long journey for me, but one with a continuous upward trend.
    This is such a thoughtful response man. Really appreciate it. The advice is golden too. Hope you stay well man and I will try and do the same. Peace.

You look like a movie star. You got no reason to be depressed about your appearance. Now I'm depressed. Fin and Minox and Viviscal and Nioxin and DS etc hasn't done anything for me but hit my wallet.

@willowufgood;

Your story seems very similar to mine .
    Refer the thread I created yesterday-
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-23?highlight=

My hairline has receded but has been the same for almost past 5 years but hair on the top have become thin and fine all over.
    In the pictures you can see I have a full head of hair but the top is thin all over.
    Been on finasteride for almost 3.5 years now . Maybe that has helped.

And speaking of common , suffered depression for close to 2 years . Still have episodes which I try my best to fight.

Looking forward for comments from you.