+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts?

Default Thoughts?

Only just discovered this tonight and as we all know u can get lost searching for things on the net so thought I would just jump on here both feet in.

Basically it's a tale of me not knowing if am going bald developing a bald spot. Prob being that I can't 100% recall what it looked like before I looked properly - I checked it out due to an itch to the left of the crown and noticed it and have wondered/racked my brains since.

Any opinions (be gentle!) would be appreciated - I don't seem to be receding and my hair grows pretty fast I get it cut every two to three weeks. From memory I always did have a noticeable crown but my memory isn't clear on the size etc and as I say now I have re-noticed it so to speak I don't know what to think. My hair is cut pretty short at back and sides - talking a clippered 1 round the sides and back.

Photos attached.

Thanks guys

Ps photos Aren't the best
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1.jpg

Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	35632   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	35633   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2.jpg

Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	35634  

You have hair that most of us would stab the local vicar for! If I were you id keep an eye on it over the next six months and see if it thins, if it doesn't go on living your life and forget about hair loss forums if it does get on meds live your life and forget about hair loss forums.

If you use regular hair dressers ask them if it appears to be thinner than when you came in over the last six months

Find myself at this stage getting consumed by it and once I get something in my head that's pretty much it then until I deal with it. Hence why I've decided to join this. I'm not actually sure if this is something the dr can help with or give an opinion on?

Another point was the small itchy spot that made me notice it - could that be a form of dermatitis of scalp, does this have effect on hair? ��

Thanks for the reply - appreciate it - by thinning am I just looking for less hair n the area? Tonight is the first time I've looked this up properly so appreciate I sound docile but I had just let the thought of it get at me to until I cracked, googled and joined up.

Yeah just keep an eye on it, take the same photos every couple of weeks same time/light/location may give you more idea if its pattern baldness or not, If you suspect it may be dermatitis of scalp id go to a dermatologist sooner rather than later. With your hair not one person will suspect you have anything but a full head of hair, if it is MPB and not just the way your hair is then I really wish I had caught it at that level.