+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Joined a dating website. I put no pic, but I get responses asking for a pic...

I finally got the courage to put up a profile on a popular dating website. So far, I sent a lot of interests and 2 responded asking for a pic. So, I cropped out just the face and send it. Now, they keep asking me why I cropped out just the eyebrows downward, and I keep changing the subject.

If one of them says ok to a date, I think I'll just wear a hat.

Dude, just own it. Wouldn't you rather show your head and then when you get a date, you'll know she doesn't care about your hair? If you crop out your hairline and wear a hat on your date, your insecurity will be screaming and it'll be an instant turnoff. This is an extreme example, but I'd rather be turned down by not being responded to than walked out on in person.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I finally got the courage to put up a profile on a popular dating website. So far, I sent a lot of interests and 2 responded asking for a pic. So, I cropped out just the face and send it. Now, they keep asking me why I cropped out just the eyebrows downward, and I keep changing the subject.

LOL. As much as we want to crap on women and call them shallow for asking for a pic, how many of these same guys would go on a date with a woman that provided no pic?

Dude get a wig bro. I empathize with you.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Dude get a wig bro. I empathize with you.
    This. I happened to see a video of a guy being fitted with a hair piece the other day and he went from bald to boss in a matter of seconds. Some of the most popular chicks in my grade wear clip on hair extensions and no one ever thinks about it being fake hair. It's accepted and talked about without issues. Get a hair piece and if someone did find out, so what? Big deal. Be confident and say you lost your hair at a young age and you look like shit without it. From there, no one would think twice about it if it looked good.

Either way, if you are physically fit, have a good personality, and have decent hygiene you will find someone, especially on the internet. I'm the baldest guy in my grade, I'm also the most mature and confident guy in my grade. Guess who went on a date with the hot soccer chick that everyone drools over this past weekend? You got this!

Hiding your baldness is always going to end up screwing you in the future.

If you are going to play the online dating game then you need to be honest with others and yourself. Put some photos of you as your bald self and see what happens. You are sure to get some responses that will make you feel like the baldness is the issue but press on online dating is about persistance. At the end of the day you want someone who is going to accept your baldness, as women get older they care less and they sure do care a lot less than we do about bald guys. Try using tinder as they can see you are bald from the get go, when you get a match on tinder and you have a bald photo of yourself then you have instant confirmation that that person would date a bald guy. That should give you a boost of confidence to talk to them. Remember 50% of chicks have bald dad's and brothers so to them baldness is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    Remember 50% of chicks have bald dad's.
    Many women these days have daddy issues so this might work in your favor. You could be like that father they never had.

*Facepalm*

This is dishonest and you're setting yourself up for failure. If they find out you're bald and they don't reject you for being bald, they'll reject you for being dishonest. Also, if you're a NW 7, shave your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Many women these days have daddy issues so this might work in your favor. You could be like that father they never had.
    That's um... kind of ****ed up. For a lot of reasons.

You definitely should post an accurate photo. Like another member said, the women online will be suspicious of anyone not willing to post a photo of themselves. With technology being as advanced as it is today and all phones having suitable cameras, not having a decent camera is a really poor excuse. Women are going to know you are lying and that is more of a turn off than being bald. If you were attractive with hair, odds are you are still attractive. If you weren't so good looking in the first place, then hair loss shouldn't affect your ability to land a girlfriend that much. As another member said, "you should own it." Plus, you can weed out any women who are solely focused on looks alone. Wouldn't you feel more confident showing up for your date when the other person knows what you look like? Then you know your balding scalp isn't a deal breaker.

* Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011. The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
    That's um... kind of ****ed up. For a lot of reasons.
    That was a joke. FlightTL knows I am just giving him S#!t.