+ Reply to Thread

Default Science/technology snowballs doesnt it?

10 years ago we didnt have iphones, ipads, facebook, good looking graphics, 3D TVs, portable dishwashers, and a bunch of other shit, etc.. 10 years ago pretty much the main muscle car was the shitty 04 mustang GT. Now we have 2014 mustang, challengers, GTR beasts roaming the road.

so my point is, in the past 10 years technology has upgraded so much.

I always hear "we havent cured hairloss for 40 years" well if 10 years ago all this shit didnt exist/ was shit then it's not really that surprising is it?

Science has to snowball right? It should just get bigger and bigger, faster and faster.

I need my ****ing hair back man..

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    10 years ago we didnt have iphones, ipads, facebook, good looking graphics, 3D TVs, portable dishwashers, and a bunch of other shit, etc.. 10 years ago pretty much the main muscle car was the shitty 04 mustang GT. Now we have 2014 mustang, challengers, GTR beasts roaming the road.

so my point is, in the past 10 years technology has upgraded so much.

I always hear "we havent cured hairloss for 40 years" well if 10 years ago all this shit didnt exist/ was shit then it's not really that surprising is it?

Science has to snowball right? It should just get bigger and bigger, faster and faster.

I need my ****ing hair back man..
    Wishful thinking IMO
    I dont even think there are any major pharmacies doing studies on balding. I don't think anyone cares enough honestly

The main problem we have is the drug companies, they won't invest in a cure for any disease. Look at the current pharmaceutical industry every bloody disease has a treatment because it generates the most amount of money.

If they did release a cure for all these diseases they would not generate enough money in the long run compared to treatments!

The same goes for technology they won't release the best technology in one go, example every year iPhone releases a small update and upgrade on the phones. They always sell out every year, If they released a phone with 10 years advanced technology they won't generate profits compared to upgrading every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    The main problem we have is the drug companies, they won't invest in a cure for any disease. Look at the current pharmaceutical industry every bloody disease has a treatment because it generates the most amount of money.

If they did release a cure for all these diseases they would not generate enough money in the long run compared to treatments!
    The main road blocks in 'curing' chronic diseases (usually genetic) as opposed to developing/improving treatments are biological, not economic.

By that logic we wouldn't have antibiotics to cure infectious diseases, instead researchers would carefully design a less effective drug that ALMOST kills all of the infectious agents, leaving just enough that patients need to take the treatment for life---because that makes more money, right? Do the researchers then keep all of the good drugs for themselves and the illuminati?

i'm 23 years old and i'm actually beginning to think the chances are ****ING SLIM to go bald this early. Seriously, what are the chances because I honestly don't think i've ****ing realized it yet.

when I hear "they don't care enough to make a cure" that just really makes me wonder how ****ing unlucky we are.

so what are the chances of going bald before 30? 1 in 10 guys? 1 in 20 guys?

and i'm in a position where I REALLY need all the looks I can get and this baldness bullshit just probably threw me into the ACTUAL ugly category (unless I go to the gym everyday and turn 30 years old because baldness doesn't suit young guys).

This is ****ing bullshit man.

technology/medicine two totally different things. Tech might aid medicine but medicine really goes its own way and its usually a very slow one. Look at roads we build them almost the same way we did 50 years ago is it even any different aside from a few different machines that help do it a little faster? I mean its still concrete or asphalt

Read the reviews on "The Singularity is Near" by Ray Kurzweil on Amazon. He is well respected. He has similar thoughts.

Do not buy the book though! Too old now.

I don't think technology is the main factor to enhance your hair loss and you go bald. Either you take so much stress while working or you remain in depression for some reason. Other reason, you use lots of medicines in your regular life.

Well it seems drugs like CB and SM are hitting the next stage, Dutasteride is officially getting approved and older drugs like Histogen are going into their final stage of trials.

more options are coming, its just that in the biotech industry its never linear, its always bumpy with investors and problems and dose issues etc.

By the way, Bimatoprost just finished its Phase IIb trial: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01904721

final study results out in two months!