+ Reply to Thread

Default Can Finasteride stop frontal receding?

Hey guys,

I'm receding from the front. I have no real thinning yet, apart from at the temples where I'm losing my hair. However I think as years go by, my whole hairline will start to thin. My crown/vertex is thick and I believe always will be (my Dad has severely frontal receded but still thick everywhere else).

I want to stop my frontal receding. I've had a pack of Propecia sitting in my room for the past month, but I haven't got the balls to start it yet. I know Fin or Dut are the only real options to stop hairloss, but the general consensus seems to be these are great at stopping/regrowing the crown, but little results at the front. The worst part, and the part that has put me off taking the Propecia, is the stories about Propecia destroying the frontal hairline.

There must be some people out there in the same boat as me, with purely frontal receding. I see guys with receding hairlines in the street every day. I'm sure you're just going to tell me what I already know i.e."it's less effective at the front, works for some but not others"

Are there any frontal-receding brothers out there with some words of encouragement for me before I take the plunge with Propecia? Any comments appreciated.

I've been taking Finasteride for a while. Hard to say how effective it's been compared to if I hadn't used it, but I'm definitely thinning way more in the front than on my crown. For a slightly more detailed account of my Finasteride history check out the thread I recently made here:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...269#post188269
    I also have some pics there you can see for reference.

Basically I've been using the drug on and off (mostly on) for the past several years and I haven't noticed any drastic destruction of my hairline, but defintely gradual loss, which would be happening anyway and may have been improved by my use of Fin, or maybe worsened. Who's to say? Good luck.