+ Reply to Thread

Default Nizoral Customer Service: Nizoral is not intended to treat hair loss.

Just spoke to a customer service agent and they said that Nizoral is not intended to treat hair loss and there are otherwise no studies that they could cite to support this. They said that you should use it 3-4 times a week until the symptoms it's used to treat are gone - such as itching, scaling, or flaking - for up to 8 weeks.

I really hate to burst anyone's bubble but spending time & money on things that have no scientific proof is a waste of, well, time & money. Nizoral will help prevent dandruff and make your hair smell good, but please, don't purport that something works without proper documentation that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by orielonline View Post
    Just spoke to a customer service agent and they said that Nizoral is not intended to treat hair loss and there are otherwise no studies that they could cite to support this. They said that you should use it 3-4 times a week until the symptoms it's used to treat are gone - such as itching, scaling, or flaking - for up to 8 weeks.

I really hate to burst anyone's bubble but spending time & money on things that have no scientific proof is a waste of, well, time & money. Nizoral will help prevent dandruff and make your hair smell good, but please, don't purport that something works without proper documentation that it works.
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Why on earth would a customer service agent put their neck on the line and suggest that their product can be used to treat something that said product is not marketed for? That's not in their job description; they probably had no knowledge of the link between Nizoral and hair loss before you mentioned it.

Ketoconozole does work! It's very mild! Also why do people still use Nizoral crap, that shit fries your hair I prefer Regenepure and second Revita.

Because it doesn't fry my hair. 3 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Because it doesn't fry my hair. 3 times a week.
    Well I use Regenepure daily without my hair being fried .

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Why on earth would a customer service agent put their neck on the line and suggest that their product can be used to treat something that said product is not marketed for? That's not in their job description; they probably had no knowledge of the link between Nizoral and hair loss before you mentioned it.
    If there are scientific studies proving that this product can treat hair loss, then they should market it as both. But there are no studies, so therefore, this product cannot trat hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Ketoconozole does work! It's very mild! Also why do people still use Nizoral crap, that shit fries your hair I prefer Regenepure and second Revita.
    Because you can get Nizarol 2%.

Quote Originally Posted by orielonline View Post
    If there are scientific studies proving that this product can treat hair loss, then they should market it as both. But there are no studies, so therefore, this product cannot trat hair loss.
    The fda would require them to perform formal phase 1,2, and 3 studies to show efficacy for treating mpb. This typically costs hundreds of millions in expenses- this is not worth it for the company. There are already peer reviewed studies showing nizorals ability to fight hair loss. Please educate yourself before spewing nonsense.

Absolutely. Not to mention Nizoral is marketed and sold for treating dandruff and dry scalp, not for MPB. As it is already a successful product and not going to be a breakthrough item in terms of treating baldness it is never going to go through these trial phases because it wouldn't result in a sizeable sale of the shampoo.

If people have found it to be helpful (I found it useful for dandruff and inflammation of the scalp) then use or don't use it. If you don't want to and think it is harmful, don't buy it!!