+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Haircure View Post
    Some people here are under the delusion that simply throwing money at the problem will fix it. Hair loss is not as simple as some of you may think it is. The actual underlying cause of hairloss is still unknown. It's easy to sit back and say researchers aren't doing their job or aren't trying hard enough when it's not your job, money or reputation on the line. These people obviously want to succeed in their work, work, but just because they try a treatment or put it through trials doesn't mean it's going to work, that's why they are called trials.

We see new medical breakthroughs in the news all the time as Mikes23 pointed out, but the problem here is, these are often erroneously reported by the news media in order to generate more views. And just to add to that point, you can't equate a breakthrough in one field to another, it's comparing pales to oranges, this is the same reason you can't say well it worked on mice why won't they just do it on humans already.
    Spot on. Though "throwing money at it" would speed things up. I should have been more clear about this in my post, but the more money there is to be made = the shorter the time will be to finance those trials and stuff (searching for sponsor won't take a long time then). Didn't Histogen get delayed big time for this reason? Or was it lack of results (or combinatien of both)?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Spot on. Though "throwing money at it" would speed things up. I should have been more clear about this in my post, but the more money there is to be made = the shorter the time will be to finance those trials and stuff (searching for sponsor won't take a long time then). Didn't Histogen get delayed big time for this reason? Or was it lack of results (or combinatien of both)?
    Yes I agree it would speed up the process, but then again the main focus is the effectiveness and efficacy of said treatment. Many potential treatments come and go, and the frustrating part about most of them is we do not know why they didn't develop further. This is where I think all some of the negativity stems from, not knowing what went wrong can lead some to believe people simply don't think hairloss is important enough or there wasn't enough money involved. Clearly there were reasons other than financial as to why these potential treatments didn't pan out, otherwise companies that have money could have simply bought out these ideas and implemented it themselves.

I am impressed, but I would not be that much excited. It's an animal study and stem cell research would have to go through a really long-term clinical trial because stem cells always have the possibility to develop to tumor cells (EVEN IF that strategy is effective in humans). Developing tumor is a totally different story from losing libido or having weaker erections or having horrible scars on the back of your head. I do not think scientists have the techniques nor knowledges to precisely control the differentiation of the stem cells. Probably won't be available to us in near future. Personally, I think it would be more feasible to to some manipulations or engineering on the body hairs so they would be more suitable for transplantation. The idea of stem cell based therapy is fascinating, but it may not be that rosy once you get down to all the details and face the practical difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Looking at it from an objective point of view, you should agree with me that it's more important to cure diseases like cancer or treating certain mental diseases that it would be to 'cure' baldness.
    There's nothing that says we can't do both at the same time. 7 billion people are on this planet, there's plenty of man power to go around to tackle both problems. Too many of you are under the impression that in order for baldness to be cured, cancer must be cured first.

This is terrible logic.

False choice. If you have pancreatic cancer, you don't care about hair loss....but if you're rapidly balding at age 18, what good to you is a cure for pancreatic cancer?

The only thing that pisses me off is that since the 80's (nearly 40 years) all we've got is basically fin and Minox. Basicallt nothing since these 2 guys came out, except the few experimentals here and there. All the research is great, but we should have at least had a much better anti-androgen that doesn't kill you downstairs and give you manboobs. CB is supposed to be the next thing and literally for like 5 years we just need to know a good vehicle and correct dosage but none releases anything and we have to wait till 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    There's nothing that says we can't do both at the same time. 7 billion people are on this planet, there's plenty of man power to go around to tackle both problems. Too many of you are under the impression that in order for baldness to be cured, cancer must be cured first.

This is terrible logic.
    We probably could do both at the same time but that doesn't mean there are enough people interested in curing baldness to actually do it.

Why are you so angry though? I get that you're annoyed, we all are. But I thought things were going well with you using RU (and CB)?