+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Follicum

Default Follicum

http://www.lubio.se/?page_id=131

So, I've been lurking in these forums for a while now and I never registered because there hasn't been anything of value for me to add, up until now (maybe?).

Anyway, this company claims to promote hair growth more effectively than rogaine and whatnot. They also claim that they are able to prevent hair growth in unwanted areas of the body.

I believe this is their patent: http://www.google.com/patents/EP2741761A2?cl=en

Encouraging that the company is based on research by 2 professors from Lund University. It seems like an impressive institution. As per wiki; "Lund University is one of Europe's oldest universities and Scandinavia's largest institutions for education and research; it is consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities."

Would be interested to know what anyone who knows more about the science involved than I do makes of the patent. Also I found http://www.follicum.se/?lang=en which is the company site. However on the 'Medical Need > Available Treatment' tab it reads "The patent for Rogaine has expired, and the patent for Propecia will expire in 2013" which makes me wonder how fast they're progressing since we're now well into 2014. Could just be something that's not been updated yet. But at least it looks like something legitimate, which is promising.

Here's a recent article about it http://www.redeye.se/aktiebloggen/follicum-ab

Nice find. Wonder how this one escaped the community's notice for so long as it seems legitimate. Still must be a very long way away from commercialization since the website shows it as being in the preclinical phase. Interesting that the researchers think it could also be used to treat hirsutism as well as alopecia. I seem to remember reading something along the same lines for CB 03 01.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldmanandRobin View Post
    http://www.lubio.se/?page_id=131

So, I've been lurking in these forums for a while now and I never registered because there hasn't been anything of value for me to add, up until now (maybe?).

Anyway, this company claims to promote hair growth more effectively than rogaine and whatnot. They also claim that they are able to prevent hair growth in unwanted areas of the body.

I believe this is their patent: http://www.google.com/patents/EP2741761A2?cl=en
    Where do you read about their claims of beeing better than Rogaine etc? I am from Sweden and have read the entire swedish webpage but not found anything other than that they will start development now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Where do you read about their claims of beeing better than Rogaine etc? I am from Sweden and have read the entire swedish webpage but not found anything other than that they will start development now...
    Hey can you tell us what do you mean by development?
    Pre-clinical trials in lab? Pre-clinical in mice? Phase 1 trials?

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Hey can you tell us what do you mean by development?
    Pre-clinical trials in lab? Pre-clinical in mice? Phase 1 trials?
    Unfortunately they're still in pre-clinical phase - they've just stimulated hair growth on mice and are now listing the company on the stock market to generate funds for a Phase I / IIa study on humans during 2015-16.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    http://www.follicum.se/wp-content/up...56851-5432.pdf

"Follicum utvecklar en läkemedelskandidat (FOL-005) som i prekliniska studier (i djurmodell och på isolerad mänsklig levande hud) både stimulerat och hämmat hårväxt effektivt redan vid låga doser. I dessa studier har man inte observerat några negativa reaktioner. Det har dessutom gjorts inledande toxikologiska studier (korttids) vilka inte kunde påvisa några negativa effekter. De prekliniska studierna har till stor del utförts av ett kontraktforskningslaboratorium i Indien (Dabur Research Foundation2). Dabur har tidigare gjort liknande studier med minoxidil (den aktiva ingrediensen i Rogaine®) och vid jämförelse med dessa resultat stimulerade FOL-005 (i prekliniskt likvärdiga studier) hårväxt betydligt snabbare och gav hårväxt på en betydligt större yta."

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Nice find. Wonder how this one escaped the community's notice for so long as it seems legitimate. Still must be a very long way away from commercialization since the website shows it as being in the preclinical phase.
    I think its good that the community missed this one, because that means there can be hundreds of similar companies out there that we don't know about. Also there can be companies that are much ahead of this one. If they don't need funding there is no reason to go public with their progress.

Replicel, Histogen, CB and a bunch of companies like Follicum makes it very likely that we have something significantly better than today within 0-3 years, and a cure within 5-10 years in my opinion.

I know that not many people here share my optimism, most people like to be negative and some just because they don't wanna risk to be disappointed. But I truly believe that something exciting will come soon. Most likely it will come from a company we never heard of before.

Follicum- is this where you rub jizz on your scalp to promote hair growth?