+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Follicum

Quote Originally Posted by JosephFT View Post
    I think studies on mice are quite useful. Actually, the top scientists around the world decidedly choose mice as their best known model for doing hair growth research. http://www.folliclethought.com/?p=752
    Oh c'mon.. the best model is your own head (human head). If what you said had a great deal of truth in it, we would have 50 interesting products already on the market.. but all of them ended up like complete duds. I'm compiling a comprehensive list of all of the great products that were destined for the human head market but never made it past the mice experiments.

What happened to self experimentation in medicine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-e..._in_medicine)? You simply have to test on humans ..be a rebel and do what you have to do. There was a woman lately from a biotech company (Bioviva) who was like, screw FDA i'm going to test out two gene therapies on myself with one being a cancer risk.

That's what I call courage and science!.. simply we need human data and we need it fast.. investors should conduct secret tests to see if it's worth investing in such pipe-dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokles View Post
    simply we need human data and we need it fast.. investors should conduct secret tests to see if it's worth investing in such pipe-dreams.

agreed!

Oh c'mon.. the best model is your own head (human head). If what you said had a great deal of truth in it, we would have 50 interesting products already on the market.. but all of them ended up like complete duds. I'm compiling a comprehensive list of all of the great products that were destined for the human head market but never made it past the mice experiments.

What happened to self experimentation in medicine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-e..._in_medicine)? You simply have to test on humans ..be a rebel and do what you have to do. There was a woman lately from a biotech company (Bioviva) who was like, screw FDA i'm going to test out two gene therapies on myself with one being a cancer risk.

That's what I call courage and science!.. simply we need human data and we need it fast.. investors should conduct secret tests to see if it's worth investing in such pipe-dreams.

thats just greed lol. secret tests? on who? prisoners? lol.

I thought they grafted human skin onto mice. There are pictures of that in their presentation.

it'll be great when someone wins this god damn race and all the competitors cry the rest of their shit career for being slow testing on mice
    go sell your cure to super pets bud

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    thats just greed lol. secret tests? on who? prisoners? lol.
    meh.. under secret I meant they do a proper quick test according to the laws of a different country to see whether there's any effect and then they can invest. So if then an well known or semi-well-known investor invests, we know that it probably worked.

Stuff like this already happened in the past and happened lately. The whole FDA testing is outdated and it halts safe and dangerous medicines the same way.. that makes no sense. The pharma business had not had a breakthrough in ages on anything.. it's all about gene therapy now. So if big pharma does not want to loose to gene therapies, they should start pressuring for a much better, faster while yet still safe procedures. Plus we are talking about stuff that people smear on their heads.. it's very hard to kill a person with newly developed pharmaceuticals as even during development one can predict the toxicity of them. I made my point ... not going to repeat myself.

She is a very interesting individual that CEO of Bioviva. She lacks formal medical/scientific experience yet seems to come very far in a short while. She is clearly extremely passionate about the matter. If it's true what she is saying it's impressive imo. Very bold lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    She is a very interesting individual that CEO of Bioviva. She lacks formal medical/scientific experience yet seems to come very far in a short while. She is clearly extremely passionate about the matter. If it's true what she is saying it's impressive imo. Very bold lady.
    I wish her all the best.. but the result is so frigging unpredictable and there's that cancer skeleton.. there is also hope that AAV-HTERT (whcih was used on Bioviva lady) can also reverse MPB.. it did reverse it in pattern baldness mice!! you know.. mice are the best model I heard from left and right :P