+ Reply to Thread

Default Histogen and Replicel (and others)

Hi there,
    I am new here on this forum. My name is David and i am 23 years old. I have started to notice loosing more hair than usual about 12-15 months ago (despite use of Minox for about two years now... this was the time my hair loss started first - icould stop it for a while with minox) and i can also see first signs of a thinning hairline. My crowne is still fine and i think will be good for a little longer.
    Nevertheless i started to do some research about possible products and didnt find any alternative or addition to minoxidil. I dont want to use Fin, since i am afraid of possible side effects and i am also required to be in excellent health for my job. Both physically and mentally. And i have also read about side effects like depression etc. The risk is just too high for me... But whatever:
    Now to my question. I have read about the really new information about both - replicel and histogen.

I dont find the time to read through all the things here and on other forums, but if someone is willed to give me some information abour those two promising treatments, I would be really happy.
    What can we expect from these treatments?
    Are there any possible high-risks like the ones from Propecia - are they interacting with your body-hormones as well? DHT etc.?
    Is the funding for those companies safe?
    What is the current timeplan for those treatments?

I would be thankful for answers.

David, here's the deal:

Nobody knows exactly when they'll come, if they'll come, how much they'll cost or what the side effects will be.

Best guess, possibly 3 year release for a Japanese release of replicel. Will be Very expensive. Histogen looks promising but they haven't fine tuned their procedure and I hear there's a risk of harmful side affects.
    Either way, don't pin your life on the outcome of these companies research, It won't do you any good. Limit your time on these forums to once a month for a news update.

In the meantime add nizoral to your regimen, and research some other options for your treatment arsenal. Only you can decide which ones are worth the investment. It is controversial, the best treatments take a lot of effort and usually only yield a modest result. This is worth it for some of us.

If your mind is constantly pre-occupied with the thin patches and it is preventing you from having a life, I would recommend some hair fibre concealers to literally patch up the problem for now. You may want to consider an fue HT from a world class surgeon, to bridge the gap to the cure if it ever comes.

But most of all, don't let this shit **** you up. Make your decisions, take actions, and get on with your life. If you stay passive it will eat you up. If you lurk in forums and wait for a cure before you engage with life, it will eat you up. Be a man, decide, act, Get on with the next challenge.

Thumbs up

EXprettyboy, Best reply ever!

@EXprettyboy: Thank you so much for your reply. You are absolutely right and i hope that this thread can give that what you gave me, to many people in our same situation!! I will now and then look for updates here and try not to focus myself too much on the fact that i am loosing my hair. It is hard for all of us, because we are reminded each time we are looking into the mirror, but you are right. There are much more important things and so much more to enjoy that i need to be too bothered by that. And only time will tell when and if there will be a treatment.
    In this sense: Good luck for all of us and i hope that we you (and I) can keep all we still have and get back all we have lost so far!!

Some Japan clinic offering treatment for hair loss. Isn't that something like Histogen?

http://www.akaiclinic.com/en/treatment/hair.html