+ Reply to Thread

Default sudden rapid hair loss?

hello everyone, I'm new here. Just looking for some opinions on my hair loss. It just suddenly happened it went from thick too thin in a maximum of two months. The hair loss is almost all over< little worse (or at least noticeable to me) on the sides near my ears and top of my head. Its become noticeable when my hair is dry.

I know people on here probably aren't doctors but ive had two cases a few months ago of follicleitis( spelling?) and have been having itchy super dry flaking scalp, like large peeling skin flakes( pretty gross). Was recently in a accident where i was pinned by a fork truck to the back of a 18 wheeler trailer. I have been out of work,stressed and on pain killers. my question is does this sound like its because of the recent stress and follicaleitis or does this seem more like I'm going bald from genetics. I am only 21, no ones really bald on either side of the family my uncle is but hes also late 60s. thanks in advance

[IMG][/IMG]
    hard to tell on the sides in the pic but its about as bad as the top in just hard to show in the picture.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Based on the symptoms you described, your hair loss does not sound like a result of male pattern baldness. Male pattern baldness does not affect all the hair follicles of the scalp. Instead, MPB usually results in a receding hairline and loss of density in the crown area, while the back and sides of the scalp remain unaffected. Folliculitis is inflammation of the hair follicle and can be a result of fungal or bacterial infection and can cause hair loss. Have you been treated with any oral steroids (prednisone or methlyprednisolone) to help with your pain since having your accident? If so, they may be contributing to the folliculitis. If this is a recurring issue, you may want to see a doctor to advise you on whether treatment is necessary. An antifungal shampoo, such as nizoral, may be helpful in treating the condition. Stress can also be a contributor in hair loss, so try to relax and find an outlet for the stress you are feeling.

* Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011.The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

Thank you for the response, I dont believe its mpd either. I wasnt treated by a dotor i bought medicated shampoo, denorex. Used it for a few weeks when the symptoms showed up and then they would go away. I personally believe its thyriod or possibly seborrheic dermatitis. Thyroid only becuase for a year i been complaing about being tired all the time and having cold hands and feet alot. The shedding is just rapid and was sudden. I noticed my eyebrow hair comes out with 5 or 6 hairs and those are thinning to. I have an appointment with a dermatologist mid November if I have hair still by then lol. I am also incredibly stressed and having alot of anxiety since the incidence and with no money coming in. Maybe its a mix of all this stuff going on hopefully ill know here shortly.
    Again thanks for the input, its relieving.

yeah probably thyroid

R u using Gel or Wax cream on your hairs? It is also main cause of Hair loss.

I dont, i think its slowing down I been using medivated shampoo the flakes are alot smaller and alot less of it and the hair shedding seems to have slowed, I know scalp issues run in the family, think it could be that simple?

Quote Originally Posted by jbub View Post
    I dont, i think its slowing down I been using medivated shampoo the flakes are alot smaller and alot less of it and the hair shedding seems to have slowed, I know scalp issues run in the family, think it could be that simple?
    If you think so you must consult a good hair doctor first. You should checkup your Thyroid level, Hemoglobin level, iron level in blood , ferrtin level, other hormonal levels like FSH, LS2 etc.