Replicel's update 23 October 2014

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garethbale
    • Apr 2012

I'm wary of Replicel's future. Looking at their last audited financial accounts, and the current year's interim ones, there is a question mark over their ability to continue.

They are massively dependent on future funding and their expenses so far have made them massively loss making. I just hope that they can get their products released in the future.

Comment

• JDW
      • Mar 2012

Any word on Replicel's presentation at the stem cell summit this week?

Comment

• lmg7
        • Oct 2014

Scientists at the University of Calgary have identified a certain type of stem cells they say could one day lead to a treatment for male pattern baldness.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

My thoughts on this can be seen in my reply here:

Originally posted by hellouser
          So basically this is the same work from Dr. Rolf Hoffmann and Dr. Kevin McElwee from... you guessed it, Replicel.

However, if you watch the video you'll get a wicked laugh;

1) The video starts off by ignoring people with actual alopecia and go STRAIGHT to cancer patients (again, men with AGA don't deserve sympathy)
          2) They've been working on a knockoff of Replicel's method for 4 years..... LOL
          3) Dr. Biernaskie says it will be at 5+ years before he knows if it works..... LOOOOL
          4) The woman that sells wigs for cancer patients says its not far away...... LOOOOOOOOOL
          5) Eventhough they dont knwo if it works, its 10 years for clinical trials...? LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Scroll down and read the comments too. Even after the video SPECIFICALLY ignores AGA and tries to build sympathy using chemo patients, people STILL mock the situation and call it vanity.

Nice find by Dr. Biernaskie... except it's been done already.

Comment

• noisette
            • Jun 2013

It's not Replicel's team

Comment

• noisette
              • Jun 2013

Replicel's presentation on The Worl stem Cell 2014

Originally posted by JDW
              Any word on Replicel's presentation at the stem cell summit this week?

Here is the Replicel's presentation on The Worl stem Cell 2014 event :

Comment

• noisette
                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                My thoughts on this can be seen in my reply here:
                Héhéhé You are Right and this make me laughing too looool

Comment

• rambo007
                  • Oct 2014

Little feedback from Replicel on Twitter:

@CrashOverHead manuf. issues now resolved. Rep and Shiseido moving quickly for P2 trial. Product likely to be available in Japan before EU.

Comment

• Swooping
                    • May 2014

Sorry if I missed this but are any results actually published of efficiency? And if so what are they?

Comment

• noisette
                      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Swooping
                      Sorry if I missed this but are any results actually published of efficiency? And if so what are they?
                      Hi Swooping

page 4

Comment

• Trouse5858
                        • Apr 2014

Read the 'risk factors' on page 9. Sounds pretty discouraging to me that they classify a 'high risk' of not commercializing these products due to efficacy and regulatory concerns.

Comment

• macbeth81
                          • Sep 2014

They have "risk factors" in all their MD&A publications for the last several years. I don't know if this is something required by the SEC, but I am not surprised to see it in a stock report. I wouldn't be too discouraged. It is not a statement on whether RCH-01 work but a general CYA statement.

Comment

• noisette
                            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Trouse5858
                            Read the 'risk factors' on page 9. Sounds pretty discouraging to me that they classify a 'high risk' of not commercializing these products due to efficacy and regulatory concerns.
                            It's normal but Replicel's technology works in phase 1, Shiseido is in game too . It's for FDA's rules I presume. Don't forget the recent japan's law about stem cell. Phase 2 would be working like for Histogen. Not reasons to be discourage bro

Comment

• brocktherock
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Trouse5858
                              There were people with almost 20% increase in six months though in the pilot study. That's quite a bit better than finasteride and minoxidil. I think if you mixed fin min and rep you would be essentially cured.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by brocktherock
                                There were people with almost 20% increase in six months though in the pilot study. That's quite a bit better than finasteride and minoxidil. I think if you mixed fin min and rep you would be essentially cured.
                                Histogen after Replicel might work better;

New injected cells plus histogen's growth factors.... that could be real interesting. I wish the two biotechs collaborated and did a single case study.

Comment

Working...