+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair follicle drug screening.

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it if necessary.

Just wanted to get the community's opinion on this issue I'm currently dealing with. I just moved to a new state and am scheduled for a job interview Monday morning. The company asked me if I was willing to take a drug test, and I of course said yes. However, I was assuming it would be the standard urinalysis or "pee test". But they said they may require me to take a hair follicle drug test, which poses a problem with me as I wear a hair-system. I'm now frantic trying to think of what to do about this. The only two options I can think of are things I don't want to do. One option, to me, would be to be up-front with them about the fact that I wear fake hair. You see, mine is a "topper" which means the hair on top of my head is a hair system unit, but the hair on the sides and back of my head is mine. However, this option is just too humiliating for me. I don't want to make an ass of myself by revealing to these guys that I "wear fake hair". The only other option I can think of is to shave my head, but being the tall, thin, lanky, early-20s white male that I am, I'm afraid I'll look ridiculous with a shaved head, or worse, I might look like a skinhead!

Does anyone here have any advice for me? Has anyone who wears hair ever had to do a hair-follicle drug test? Any other options or advice for this situation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

They might not use your hair on your head, they can take it from different places too. They may also take it from the side of the head and you wouldn't have a problem anyway. If you do have to tell them be casual and tell them like it is, you don't like being bald. Period. You solved the problem how you saw fit and they can get over it. I wouldn't stress to hard if I were you, it may not even be a big deal anyway. You must be pretty successful, most jobs requiring a follicle test are pretty important if I remember correctly. Also, shaving your head may look like you have something to hide.

Thanks kudu,

That's kind of comforting. I guess if they want to make a big deal about it, that's their problem. Me wearing hair is not a crime or against the law. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't disqualify from most jobs. Unless of course I'm getting a job as a bald model! Lol

Also, I'm sure the tests won't be done there on the spot, but will be done at a separate doctor's office? I'd feel more comfortable revealing it in private to a doctor who is obligated to keep my information secret. I guess it won't be so bad.