+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Well, that's a bunch of good important questions...
    My question is will it be only phase 2b trial or phase 2b/3 trial...
    Isnt the law in Europe/Japan that they only need to go through phase I and II?

they've already done 2 Phases, this will probably be a smaller Phase IIb trial(60-80 patients instead of the hundreds needed for phase III trials) as it's much cheaper.

I just think Histogen hasnt found a partner as they dont believe this product is worth the trial costs(i.e putting it through phase IIb and III would cost millions) in order to gain approval.

I think Dutasteride just recently finished it's phase III trial as GSK didn't think it would make them over 500 million which they felt was the lower limit in order to pursue a phase III finish. Obviously they changed their mind though two years later. Here's the article talking about it, interestingly enough it's guarenteed to be the first drug approved for hair loss in 17 years within a few months!
    http://www.*****************/hair-los...e-pageid-1.php

DUT is in a different league though. It won't make much of an impact on the hair world because it is basically a more powerful fin, still with massive sides. Histogen doesn't have threatening sides.

Never have been excited about Histogen, I aimed to some real cure. But this is good news anyway. Can anybody tell me how good are their results? What to expect? Will it turn NW6 to NW1 or maybe at least to NW3? Any photos before/after?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    DUT is in a different league though. It won't make much of an impact on the hair world because it is basically a more powerful fin, still with massive sides. Histogen doesn't have threatening sides.
    Oh for sure, Im just talking about how serious companies take on the money side of things, DUT clearly works for hairloss in terms of maintanence for many(albeit causing bad sides for some) but because it's an older drug they dont feel its worth it.

the same issue may happen with Bimatoprost, it clearly helps to some extent with hairloss, but is it good enough to warrant a phase III and release? we'll find out after the january results.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Russian View Post
    Never have been excited about Histogen, I aimed to some real cure. But this is good news anyway. Can anybody tell me how good are their results? What to expect? Will it turn NW6 to NW1 or maybe at least to NW3? Any photos before/after?

No idea, we'll see how well it works for agressive/diffuse hairloss sufferers as well, there's big difference between than and a NW3 45 year old guy, the slower sufferer will most likely have a better response.

in terms of their results before, it seemed to bump people up a norwood or at least cause some thickening, was nowhere near a cure. More of a much more powerful Minoxidil(lets say minoxidil caused <10% growth, histogen would cause 20-30%)

HOWEVER, that being said we dont know how well it will do in conjunction with FIN for example, mix them together and you may get a very good result(inhibiting whats hurting your hair and adding a growth stimulant= reversal of vellus hairs theoretically).

HOWEVER, that being said we dont know how well it will do in conjunction with FIN for example, mix them together and you may get a very good result(inhibiting whats hurting your hair and adding a growth stimulant= reversal of vellus hairs theoretically).
    Too bad, it was supposed to be revolutionary treatment but it turns out that we will still need to use FIN.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo007 View Post
    Too bad, it was supposed to be revolutionary treatment but it turns out that we will still need to use FIN.

We still don't know that yet. That's why Histogen need to conduct another phase (phase IIb trial).

Quote Originally Posted by rambo007 View Post
    Yeah this is exactly what I'm wondering as well: Do we still have to use finasteride after getting a HSC treatment? Like Scientalk says, only way to find out if Histogen doing another phase. Although there are probably going to be plenty of people who are going to unleash there bro-science upon this question.

I just hope they get this done in a time frame that isn't ridiculously long. Though this news seems very promising and all, They still need investors. But still, hearing this makes me hopeful that we are going to have a new treatment somewehere in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I just hope they get this done in a time frame that isn't ridiculously long. Though this news seems very promising and all, They still need investors. But still, hearing this makes me hopeful that we are going to have a new treatment somewehere in 2018
    For the first time, we can say that something could be out until 2018...
    I believe HSC will more effective and SAFER than Propecia.

I wouldn't mind taking propecia along with this treatment. In my opinion, attacking it from every angle is probably going to give us the best results. Imagine, taking propecia for anti DhT affect, using minoxidil to regrow some lost hairs, getting a HSC treatment for some new growth, and filling in the rest with a HT. If the numbers they are reporting are accurate, hopefully no one has to reach their genetically predetermined NW.

Not a cure per-se, but many folks will not have to suffer as some others have in the past.