+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    RU definitely works, there's no doubt about that. So does finasteride so it's a choice between the two. I opted for RU as I'm more comfortable with a topical. There's a lot of garbage and snake oil on these forums so just try to stick to the tried and tested and don't waste your money on anything else at least until something is proven to work. I'm also taking 1350mg of saw palmetto daily and I have a 1kg bag of pumpkin seeds that I munch on in work. I doubt either of the two do much but it can't hurt and they're cheap as chips. My RU dose is fairly low but it's working and that's all that matters for now. I also miss a few days here and there and it doesn't seem to affect the results. Nizoral shampoo is also a must for any good regimen. We have these to keep us in the game for now and despite all the negativity surrounding future treatments, I don't think we will have to wait too much longer. Just my two cents.
    What concentration are you using?

I lost my hair for 10 years. I started treatment there almost a year.

My first treatmment was minoxidil (polaris nr07), neogenic, folligen coppers peptitde, folligen emu oil, dermarolling, oral finasteride, keto shampoo and vitamins supplements.
    After 3-4 month with this treatment, I recovered almost all my hair mostly at my hairline from NW2.5 to NW 0.5. This was amazing. It was like a good hair transplant.

Then I just use minoxidil and finasteride and I start shedding during 4 month. I lost tons of hair.
    Since two month I use 0.25% topical finasteride 50ml / day and my shed has stopped, but I can't see any regrowth, some velues but nothing more.

Round about 33mg per day. It's doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    I lost my hair for 10 years. I started treatment there almost a year.

My first treatmment was minoxidil (polaris nr07), neogenic, folligen coppers peptitde, folligen emu oil, dermarolling, oral finasteride, keto shampoo and vitamins supplements.
    After 3-4 month with this treatment, I recovered almost all my hair mostly at my hairline from NW2.5 to NW 0.5. This was amazing. It was like a good hair transplant.

Then I just use minoxidil and finasteride and I start shedding during 4 month. I lost tons of hair.
    Since two month I use 0.25% topical finasteride 50ml / day and my shed has stopped, but I can't see any regrowth, some velues but nothing more.
    ---
    You're right Sir , your experience can really show that BIG 3 is not the only option ! Guys please don't call everything snake oil !!! If all of these oil treatment and supplements are snake oil why are they in every country and every cultutre? I agree BIG 3 should be in regimen but I believe other good stuff can really help as kissmyscalp mention that very nice , once he stopped the folligen and rolling and vitamin he got sheds again , ! anyhow I wish you get your hair back , if you ask my personal opinion I would say go back to SAME regimen that you had before, be patient and you would get the result again , Because you maintain one time so its better if you keep using the same regimen . Best.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Round about 33mg per day. It's doing the job.
    Dear Diff , 1-what do you think about using oral finasteride and also RU topical together?
    2-would RU help any regrowth ?
    3- do you recommend the premixed solutions?
    I really don't know why people say powder is cheaper because right now is price pretty much the same. I would appreciate if you can answer my all question.

Parsia, I have no experience whatsoever with oral finasteride so I can't really make any recommendation on using both together. I'm not willing to take the risk involved with using fin so RU is the next best thing for me. I've had no sides so far. There are far more experienced members on these forums than myself so hopefully they will chime in and give you a better answer to that question.

Yes, RU has definitely helped with regrowth for me. I know my own hair and can see a huge improvement in density. I'm hoping this continues.

Again, I have no experience with premixed solution so I can't comment on their effectiveness. I would also be interested to know if anyone has had success with the premixed solutions available. I still prefer mixing my own solution and this is what has been working for me so I'm sticking with it. It's not hard to do, it only takes the guts of 30 minutes and that makes enough solution for at least a month.