+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Took my first pill today, waited too long tho. What Norwood am I, 3? 4? See my pics.

Took my first 1.25mg of generic Fin~ Teva today, but should have taken it years ago in college. Don't believe in topicals since I tried Minox back then and only grew thin transparent hairs. Am 30 now and probably headed towards a HT in the next year. Ah well.

Hopefully in a year or two I can post some pictures and this will all be behind me

Am ok with a little thinning at the crown and temples... think I'm realistic about what results I want to achieve, hair loss happens to all men afterall.

What NW do you think I am? sorry couldn't aim so good with the camera Thinking NW4 at the back, NW3 on top. -Usually at this point I buzz down to a 1, once a week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030156r.jpg

Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	35501   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030146r.jpg

Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	35502   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030147.jpg

Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	35503  

You did wait too long just like I did, but it is not too late. I would say you are a NW3v like I am. Give fin about a year and a half to see how much you can improve before deciding on a transplant.

Cool that's the plan. Hope the strands thicken from the fin and I get a little minor growth as a bonus.

My hair was worse than yours when i started and I had some decent regrowth. No I am not back to NW0, but I did have some recovery. I am also older than you(38), and have been losing hair since about 23, so you also have the advantage that the hair you have lost hasn't been gone for too long. Good luck.

Day 3: Things are/were going really good.

TMI Warning:: Immediate loss of libido on Day 1 which I welcomed, because my drive was too high before. Have not fully tested out the equipment (you know what I mean), but MW was a good sign, and still think it shouldn't be an issue rising the phoenix from what I can tell.[/TMI]

Day 2 had no more scalp itchiness. Before I had to stop from itching, but now the situation just feels good up top.

Just had a weird thing when I peed. I'll keep an eye on it if it's an issue. Could be the first sign of a side. If it is, not sure how long has to happen before I "push through" the side (a month or two?), or if it goes on for a certain amount of time if I should stop.

We'll see. Will update here every once and a while.

NW3 heading to a NW6 I'd say. Make sure to be conservative when designing your hairline

I think you have a great chance. And I think your current hair looks pretty great. Yes your valid g but I ha e seen worse. You have good potential.

Any update? Fin takes a few months to kick and and see results good or bad. Please update.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan 9000 View Post
    Took my first 1.25mg of generic Fin~ Teva today, but should have taken it years ago in college. Don't believe in topicals since I tried Minox back then and only grew thin transparent hairs. Am 30 now and probably headed towards a HT in the next year. Ah well.

Hopefully in a year or two I can post some pictures and this will all be behind me

Am ok with a little thinning at the crown and temples... think I'm realistic about what results I want to achieve, hair loss happens to all men afterall.

What NW do you think I am? sorry couldn't aim so good with the camera Thinking NW4 at the back, NW3 on top. -Usually at this point I buzz down to a 1, once a week.
    Working at Dr. Cole's office, I have seen some impressive Propecia results. One patient of ours had a well defined classic Norwood pattern. After a couple of years of finasteride use, this pattern disappeared. Here are a few encouraging links:

Twin Propecia photos.

Dr. Bernstein's Propecia-only photo gallery.

I encourage you to do all you can. I think more effective treatments than Propecia (finasteride) and Avodart (dutasteride) are only a few years away.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

I think its impossible to have penis sedes the first day after taking your first pill.

Remember, studies claim %2 get sides, and %1 claim sides from the fake placebo. Thats half of the people! And they know they could get the placebo, 50 / 50 chance.

So if you are taking the real pill and you know it then you will get some placebo like sides thoughts going through your mind. Maybe like ~%1.5 possibly!

Update-

Switched from 5mg Tevas after 3 months, to 5mg Proscars in the hopes it would be able to cut the pills easier into quarters. It was.

Was then on 1.25mg Proscar per day for about four months, then shifted down to about .83mg of Proscar a day (cutting a 5mg pill into six pieces). I did this due to watery... issues. It helped.

Also started taking fish oil and topical minox. 2400 mg fish oil daily (although I've heard this isn't enough), minox when i get around to it. Lately I haven't been doing the minox due to laziness.

Some new pictures attached. Little better overall and loss seems pretty much halted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030748r.jpg

Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	40500Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030751r.jpg

Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	40501
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030754r.jpg

Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	40502Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030755r.jpg