+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    ya the pharmacy wont give u dut u need a perscription

i got one, how old r u? what dose u planning to take?

Im 17 and I plan on taking 0.5 mg every day

Ive had fin perscribed to me so im thinking that if I show that to the walk in clininc doctor, he'll be more understanding and prescribe me dutasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by pagedo View Post
    Go to any walk-in clinic to see a doctor and ask for a prescription. Its how I get my Dutasteride, and its covered by my insurance.
    Do you know if there's a limit on how many times you can to a walk in clinic per week or per day? Also if Im under 18 do I need to go with a parent?

Thinking about going to every walk in clinic near Oakville until one of them prescribes me dut. Hopefully the first one will tho

I'd be shocked if any doctor prescribed you dut at your age. Even for off label use, the youngest it was used on in trials was 21.

Are you covered under your parents health insurance, or do you plan to keep this from them?

In Ontario it costs $2/pill. Unfortunately there are no generic dutasteride pills offered in Canada.

Also, I'm sure you have done your research, but 0.5mg of dut per day at your age is not smart.

Stick to fin for a full year or a lower dosage of dut. Reason being, there isn't even evidence that dut works better on average, it only works faster and in a higher % of the population. In other words more DHT suppression does not necessarily lead to better results - think of it more like a certain threshold you have to go under to stop the loss.

There is a chance you are the 10% that fin does not work for. One of the reasons fin does not work for some people is their genotype ie fin does not have the same DHT inhibiting effect in these people (ie they are taking the fin everyday and there DHT levels aren't even going down much). So one way to cover yourself from this chance without going overboard is to take a dose of dut that would inhibit close to the same amount of DHT finasteride is SUPPOSED to for the average user. We know that 0.1mg dut per day inhibits nearly the same as 5mg fin per day, so that would be the go to dose.

Also, I'm sure you have done your research, but 0.5mg of dut per day at your age is not smart.

Stick to fin for a full year or a lower dosage of dut. Reason being, there isn't even evidence that dut works better on average, it only works faster and in a higher % of the population. In other words more DHT suppression does not necessarily lead to better results - think of it more like a certain threshold you have to go under to stop the loss.

There is a chance you are the 10% that fin does not work for. One of the reasons fin does not work for some people is their genotype ie fin does not have the same DHT inhibiting effect in these people (ie they are taking the fin everyday and there DHT levels aren't even going down much). So one way to cover yourself from this chance without going overboard is to take a dose of dut that would inhibit close to the same amount of DHT finasteride is SUPPOSED to for the average user. We know that 0.1mg dut per day inhibits nearly the same as 5mg fin per day, so that would be the go to dose.
    Im done growing bro, people mature at different rates

I started shaving at 13 had more facial hair at 13 than most guys at 19 or 18

So i really wanna get dut cuz on fin my hair loss has become way worse and I doubt its shedding because the right side of my hairline which had no minaturization befroe fin has gotten alot worse and the hairline has gone bad.

Are you sure on what you said about finasteride not working on some people becasue of their genotype?

I get it man.

How aggressive is your loss?

First of all you didn't give fin enough time, and if it is working insofar as DHT reduction goes, your not going to notice anything drastic when you use dut. The whole game of hair loss is to preserve what you have, and most people do not get dramatic results. They get stabilization - and success/failure in measured in years not months.

The stuff about fin and genotype is true - you should try and get blood tests to see where your levels are at now.

Also dut inhibits a lot of type 1 DHT which is present in your brain, and your brain isn't fully matured until 25. I am younger than that and use dut, but 17 is a whole other ball game. I think any knowledgeable person on these forums who also understands where you are coming from would advice at the very least you give fin a chance or use dut at a lower dose. You'd probably be the youngest guy in the history of these forums to use dut!

You could use it and it could work great and you'll feel fine; that would be unreal. But it could also give pose risks. If you do use, monitor your health closely and be careful.

I get it man.

How aggressive is your loss?

First of all you didn't give fin enough time, and if it is working insofar as DHT reduction goes, your not going to notice anything drastic when you use dut. The whole game of hair loss is to preserve what you have, and most people do not get dramatic results. They get stabilization - and success/failure in measured in years not months.

The stuff about fin and genotype is true - you should try and get blood tests to see where your levels are at now.

Also dut inhibits a lot of type 1 DHT which is present in your brain, and your brain isn't fully matured until 25. I am younger than that and use dut, but 17 is a whole other ball game. I think any knowledgeable person on these forums who also understands where you are coming from would advice at the very least you give fin a chance or use dut at a lower dose. You'd probably be the youngest guy in the history of these forums to use dut!

You could use it and it could work great and you'll feel fine; that would be unreal. But it could also give pose risks. If you do use, monitor your health closely and be careful.
    My hairloss is very aggressive man. When I started I almost had a full head of hair. Was thinning and receding on my left side and right side was completely fin. But now my loss on my left side is depressing and my right side is starting to thin and recede as well. I'm willing to take the risk and hope it works.
    God this sucks

I feel for you brother.

Do what you gotta do man, and be safe!