Threaded View

Default rogaine/regaine advice please (i'm very depressed)

22 year old guy from the UK and over the past few years i have been suffering with some hairloss issues. First i developed a slight receding hairline where i lost at temples. I thought it may have just been a mature hairline. Then i started losing hair density all over the top of my scalp and my crown is also in the very early stages of thinning. To look at me it's not overly obvious yet because i used to have such thick hair. It's only noticeably to me because i know how my hair used to be.

I started using regaine once a day at night time and i have been trying to apply it from my crown to the front of my hairline, so basically i have been trying to apply it all over the top of my scalp, but i'm worried i'm not using it correctly. What is the best method to apply regaine all over the top part of the scalp? because i feel like i keep missing small areas. Does it matter if you miss certain patches out when applying regaine? Or is it just a case of getting it into your blood?

The other worrying thing seems to be that, since using regaine i am noticing a sh*t load of shedding. I just washed my hair and literally loads of hair fell out, whereas before i never experienced any shedding. Now i'm wondering whether i should continue to use regaine?

I have only been applying once a day at night as i am unable to apply it in the mornings due to having no time and having to get up at 6am to go to uni.

Any advice would be really appreciated as i am rather worried about this shedding and i don't know if i should continue to use regaine.