+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Paralysed man walks again after historic spinal cord treatment by British doctors

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h...w/44896741.cms

This is groundbreaking, never expected. If only hair loss was understood by non-sufferers, I am sure there would be a cure already. The technology is there but everybody is trying to make it a "product" so that they can get the money out of us. And the surgeons are really lagging behind because they are satisfied with what they offer....they should be really more daring

has nothing to do with baldness.
    But it's an incredible story. thanks for posting I was pleased .

In other news, scientists still giving baldies the finger.

This is an amazing breakthrough. There is not a person alive who would trade the ability to walk for a full head of hair. Hair loss research doesn't even come close to the importance of a breakthrough like this! Lets be real here, this is great news!

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    This is an amazing breakthrough. There is not a person alive who would trade the ability to walk for a full head of hair. Hair loss research doesn't even come close to the importance of a breakthrough like this! Lets be real here, this is great news!
    Absolutely! Being mobile and active is far more important to me than having hair. Very pleased for this man and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post

And this did not need FDA/EMA approval and was funding by just 1 million pounds raised by a charity... We should do something like this

So now you can play rugby without the fear of being paralyzed for life!

Stem cells are going to change so many fields of medicine in the next decades. Science moves at its own pace, and that pace is increasing every year. This same type of headline will happen for baldness too, it's a shame that we live on the cusp of these things, because life moves fast and hair falls quickly.

If you think about it replicel's treatment is very similar to this one, almost identical really. A lot of companies have folded, but that's what happens when a new technology is being refined. Hopefully replicel will pull through, but if they don't then someone else will figure out how to use cells to treat hair loss, its only a matter of time. If that timeframe doesn't match your personal agenda then that's life.

As far as crowd funding, I've always said that it's a good idea, would be easy through indiegogo. I don't really care enough about my hair to lead that effort, but plenty of people on here seem to have the time and desire. Really not a hard thing to do and its kind of ridiculous watching people on here debate about it. It really only takes one person to start it and identify someone good to try to fund. Even funding replicel would make a huge difference.

Default Wondeful amazing news

So happy the doctors were able to perform this amazing procedure.

And for those feeling left out, this is a great breakthrough for everything.
    To treat these types of injuries on a broader scale requires improvements in harvesting cells. As that improvements and becomes cheaper, it will making prevent hairloss or restoring hair effective and affordable.

Huge positive spill-overs for injuries everywhere.

Just think, with another 20 years, they'll be able to grow ACL's based on stem cells rather than harvesting a replacement from my hamstring. Recovering from a major injury could take only days or weeks rather than months.

We will be able soon to grow whole human head but without any single hair on it..