+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

I have reasons to believe that PRP may induce telogen effluvium... but who knows, I am really paranoid about TE to begin with.

Nice, thanks for the info! I'm very optimistic from what I've seen so far. Hope you are right!
    But doesn't Rogaine take several months to start working?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I have reasons to believe that PRP may induce telogen effluvium... but who knows, I am really paranoid about TE to begin with.
    Hey Jamesst11. I suspect the same. What is your reason? Have you spoken to someone who experienced that?

No, but a hair transplant, while drastically different, induced a horrible TE in me. TE in response to physical injury is extremely common. Given that the injury is occurring right on your scalp seemingly wouldn't help. I had TE from an HT, from tearing my knee, from knee surgery, etc... some of us have a more sensitive physiology than others when it comes to this. I personally believe the injury of puncturing your scalp multiple times is significant enough to induce this. I am NOT a doctor though.

Yeah I do, I probably won't be doing it again, as I haven't even maintained at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    TE in response to physical injury is extremely common. Given that the injury is occurring right on your scalp seemingly wouldn't help. I had TE from an HT, from tearing my knee, from knee surgery, etc... some of us have a more sensitive physiology than others when it comes to this. I personally believe the injury of puncturing your scalp multiple times is significant enough to induce this. I am NOT a doctor though.
    I think that would depend on how deep the puncturing goes, and also on the frequency of the puncturing. Unfortunately, there is not much data or scientific studies regarding the best frequency of using such treatments which cause wounding to the scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    I was 33 when I had my 1st PRP treatment. My shed started about 1 month after the treatment and lasted into the 2nd month but then one day the shedding just stopped and I lost next to no hair at all. My shed was so aggressive I thought the PRP didn't work and I was destined to be bald. I paid $1600 per treatment. That's a lot for the results I saw.
    Recently I came across an old thread about Derma rolling and Rogaine and gave that a shot. I've experienced MUCH better results using a 1.5 Derma Roller with Rogaine then I did with 2 PRP treatments. So I'd say PRP isn't worth it because a $20 Derma Roller and a $50, 3 month supply of Rogaine has done more for me then $3200 worth of PRP.

I lost all kinds of hair, thin to full terminal.
    Vic:

Are you sure that the results you saw were from the roller and minox and not a delayed reaction to PRP?...didn't you say you started the roller regiment soon after your last PRP treatments?

feartheloss

i'm sorry prp didn't work but it seems that you haven't done much research about hair loss treatments. there are several treatments that you should have tried first before jumping to prp. here is a list of hair loss treatment that are effective.

finasteride
    minoxidil
    laser comb or therapy
    minoxidil + microneedle roller+ retinoids cream
    ketoconazole/nizoral shampoo

since finasteride gave you side effects and minoxidil didn't work, get yourself a hairmaxx laser comb. base on reviews from people using it, laser comb stop hairloss and regrows some hair on the top of your hair. it takes 9 months to see some results but you'll stop shedding hair within 2 months.
    if you would like to stop shedding earlier, start using nizoral shampoo. it contains 1% ketoconazole, an active ingredient for danruff but also strenghens hair. personalty, I am prescribed to take hormones that contain dht proprieties. finasteride can only inhibit the convertion of testosterone to dht; it can do nothing for other dht derived hormones. therefore, I have to use other treatments. I bought the hairmaxx laser comb 8 months ago but was too lazy to use it. as for minoxidil, I used it alone for 2 years on my hairline before I was taking hormones. minoxidil just gave me baby hair and thats it. but it did prevent losing my hairline. I started using nizoral shampoo after I started shedding hair excessively due to taking hormones for medical reasons; I can tell you that I stopped shedding the first day I used it.
    you need a laser comb/helmet and nizoral shampoo right away if you don't want to go bald.
    good luck

Hello

Thanks for sharing your PRP experience . I had it a week ago and my hair loss is worse than before . Did you hair loss improve ? How many treatments did you do ? I have been experiencing a severe hair loss for 8 months already . It is so distressing . Thank you

Hello

Thanks for sharing your PRP experience . I had it a week ago and my hair loss is worse than before . Did you hair loss improve ? How many treatments did you do ? I have been experiencing a severe hair loss for 8 months already . It is so distressing . Thank you