My PRP experience so far - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default My PRP experience so far

I got PRP about a month ago. Initially, I noticed a decrease in shedding. I thought it had stopped my hair loss or slowed it down drastically. Now, a little over 4 weeks after my treatment, I am shredding like crazy and losing hair really fast. I am hoping this is just because I'm going to get good regrowth rather than it isn't working at all and I'm just heading over the cliff here.

I will keep you guys updated.

FTL

Thanks for the update. As I mentioned earlier, I'm definitely interested in hearing a detailed account of your experience with his treatment. Obviously, it's too early at this point, but I appreciate the update.
    It would also help to know your basic "stats" before the treatment.
    -How much hair loss did you have?
    -Was it stable,improving or worsening before the treatment?
    -How long have you been losing hair and at what rate?

As I've said before, injecting growth factors works, it just doesn't work well at this point. I hope things go well. Good luck!

I was somewhere between nw2 and 3..some thinning in the crown and receded hairline. It isn't extremely noticeable. It was definitely worsening before the treatment. I have been losing hair for 2 years at a slow rate, however it has picked up in the last 5-6 months.

Have you had PRP done?

I think the reason a lot of people don't see great success with PRP is because they don't go to a reputable PRP doctor, and there's a lot more that goes into PRP than meets the eye. For instance, different factors that cause and hasten hair loss. Further, the differences in peoples' blood.

I'm sure we are going to see an increase in PRP usage in the field of hair loss and an increase in it's efficacy as more research is done on it.

Thank you for the info.
    Yes, I agree that part of the reason people don't report success is that there is no standardized protocol and a lot of doctors are just offering it for a quick cash grab without understanding how to maximize the process.

I think the other reason people aren't reporting success is simply because it isn't very efficient and it doesn't live up to their expectations. I've had PRP+ECM and had some very minor but still encouraging results. It's clear that injecting growth factors will reverse miniaturization, even extensive miniaturization. It's also clear that PRP isn't "hair regrowth serum" but rather has elevated concentrations of certain important growth factors. What's impressive is that it can work pretty much anywhere and even in regions where there hasn't been any hair in a long while. I was surprised to see long lost individual ultra-low juvenile hairline hairs pop in even though they were cosmetically useless in quantity.
    Refining the treatment, adding an ECM etc like Greco has done is slowly improving the results. In theory the right combination of growth factors could actually lead to massive regrowth but only if the proper "recipe" were used. That was the hype of Histogen but so far they've failed to convince many of us and apparently prospective investors as well.

I like PRP because it's a safe, currently available, though highly inefficient manner of delivering needed growth factors. It really comes down to cost. If you have the money it's a good idea. It's like Kobe Bryant. He can obviously afford any sort of growth factor injection for his knee and if he gains even the slightest improvement it was worth it. But if someone is diligently saving up their hard earned money hoping a PRP injection will "fix" their knee or their hair they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

-Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by x4342 View Post
    Thank you for the info.
    Yes, I agree that part of the reason people don't report success is that there is no standardized protocol and a lot of doctors are just offering it for a quick cash grab without understanding how to maximize the process.

I think the other reason people aren't reporting success is simply because it isn't very efficient and it doesn't live up to their expectations. I've had PRP+ECM and had some very minor but still encouraging results. It's clear that injecting growth factors will reverse miniaturization, even extensive miniaturization. It's also clear that PRP isn't "hair regrowth serum" but rather has elevated concentrations of certain important growth factors. What's impressive is that it can work pretty much anywhere and even in regions where there hasn't been any hair in a long while. I was surprised to see long lost individual ultra-low juvenile hairline hairs pop in even though they were cosmetically useless in quantity.
    Refining the treatment, adding an ECM etc like Greco has done is slowly improving the results. In theory the right combination of growth factors could actually lead to massive regrowth but only if the proper "recipe" were used. That was the hype of Histogen but so far they've failed to convince many of us and apparently prospective investors as well.

I like PRP because it's a safe, currently available, though highly inefficient manner of delivering needed growth factors. It really comes down to cost. If you have the money it's a good idea. It's like Kobe Bryant. He can obviously afford any sort of growth factor injection for his knee and if he gains even the slightest improvement it was worth it. But if someone is diligently saving up their hard earned money hoping a PRP injection will "fix" their knee or their hair they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

-Keep us updated!

Exactly, that's a very accurate way to describe it. I know Dr. Greco is always working to improve it as well. He is very excited about his results with CRP. I plan to get injections every 6 months.

He also stated that it may take a couple times to completely reverse already miniaturized hair.

Will be watching. I think growth factors are the next big step be it prp/aape/histogen. Just to be clear you received Greco's prp and not crp, which is the supposedly improved and further refined and thus more concentrated version of prp.

I received his CRP.

Thanks for the clarification. Just a few more questions: is this your first prp/growth factor treatment? And what srt of treatment frequency are you planning, if at all. The reason I ask is because in the AAPE study, which is essentially the same end product as prp just much more concentrated, favourable results only began to really show after the 3rd treatment. Considering the CRP is likely many times less concentrated, it would make sense not to expect a miracle from just one standalone treatment.

Incase you are wondering, this is the study i am referencing: http://www.balancehairrestoration.co...stem-cells.pdf

Irregardless how it goes, please keep us updated. I have a strong belief that growth factors (a la histogen, prp, aape, adsc) are the next big breakthrough is hair restoration.

cheers bro

I got PRP done today with the angel system. I'll be going back in 6 weeks for a check up. Keep you guys posted. I'm on the big 3 for 23 months and I'm 8 months out from my HT which I had Acell and PRP. Hope my diameter thickens and miniaturized hair reverses.

IMO we need to find a way to drive the cost down to $600.

FYI. Keep an eye on my post about clinical trial for PRP. I think it should be finished in December

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Just a few more questions: is this your first prp/growth factor treatment? And what srt of treatment frequency are you planning, if at all. The reason I ask is because in the AAPE study, which is essentially the same end product as prp just much more concentrated, favourable results only began to really show after the 3rd treatment. Considering the CRP is likely many times less concentrated, it would make sense not to expect a miracle from just one standalone treatment.

Incase you are wondering, this is the study i am referencing: http://www.balancehairrestoration.co...stem-cells.pdf

Irregardless how it goes, please keep us updated. I have a strong belief that growth factors (a la histogen, prp, aape, adsc) are the next big breakthrough is hair restoration.

cheers bro

I'm planning on getting it done every 6 months until I've reversed the miniaturizing. Dr. Greco recommended 6-12 months, but obviously the more you get it done, the better. I can tell you now, I only see 3-4 hairs in the towel after I dry my hair, I used to see 25+. I know it's working, to what extent, we will see.

Dr. Greco also said it usually takes a couple times to reverse the miniaturizing as its a process.