My PRP experience so far

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

Yes, I had horrific sides on fin..and still haven't recovered completely. They are very real.

I wish I could tolerate the drug.

Comment

• diffuseloser
      • Sep 2014

Thanks for the update FTL. Sorry to hear PRP hasn't worked for you. Agree that fin is not to be trifled with I'm scared of it. Hope you recover fully.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Yeah, at this point I'm starting to doubt I ever will, but who knows. It's unfortunate without a doubt. However, I'm going to be closely watching CB results in the next year as well as setipiprant, so hopefully we will have a finasteride alternative soon enough.

I still think PRP has some merit, however, it needs to be fine-tuned.

Comment

• asianguy
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
          Yes, I had horrific sides on fin..and still haven't recovered completely. They are very real.

I wish I could tolerate the drug.
          What dosage and frequency were you taking?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Dosage and frequency really doesn't matter as .1mg of finasteride suppresses DHT close to the same amount as a whole mg.

I tried using 1mg daily, 1mg every other day, and 1mg every 3 days.

I tried the same frequencies with .5mg, .25mg and .1mg without success.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
              • Dec 2012

In hindsight, I wish I'd have tried a few more times at Dr. Greco's, because I hypothesize the treatment is compoundable. It may take a few times to completely stop your loss, then a few more times to start seeing regrowth.

I still believe there is merit to the treatment, we just desperately need more doctors to study it.

Comment

• Hicks
                • Apr 2013

I'm doing a minimum of 3 treatments. I'll add ACELL to my next treatment. IMO it's next to impossible to tell if treatment is working. Are you maintaining and you might of lost more hair without? Are you coming off a shed and a normal hair cycle loss like regrowth? Are you going into a shed? I'll be heading back in in August. Best of luck everyone!

Comment

• kantian
                  • Jul 2014

Hey FTL, how did you go about picking your doctor? I would like to go ahead with PRP because I am seeing some studies showing that it has a positive effect on average. But I'm not sure how to actually pick a suitable doctor to perform this because there are some scam artists as we have seen.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

I chose Dr. Greco in Florida. He's definitely the man to go to for PRP

Comment

• kantian
                      • Jul 2014

But is there a way to get a list of reputable doctors who do PRP?

Comment

• kantian
                        • Jul 2014

Also, how much did you pay for CRP?

Comment

• Blushark
                          • Sep 2014

I chose Dr. Greco in Florida. He's definitely the man to go to for PRP
                          I called and inquired about PRP at dr. Bernstein's office located in NYC and they said that they do offer PRP treatments but do not use ACELL b/c there is evidence that it causes inflammatory response in some individuals...has anyone heard or read about this claim elsewhere?

Comment

• MG63
                            • Jan 2010

In hindsight, I wish I'd have tried a few more times at Dr. Greco's, because I hypothesize the treatment is compoundable. It may take a few times to completely stop your loss, then a few more times to start seeing regrowth.

I still believe there is merit to the treatment, we just desperately need more doctors to study it.
                            One of the most challenging issues with male or female hair loss is diagnosis and the solution. Because more often than not, the cause and solution is not a one time or single mode approach. At least this has been my personal experience and the experience I've had in helping clients.

Comment

• Magster
                              • Jun 2015

FearTheLoss,

Do you feel that the shed you got from PRP/CRP left you in a worse position had you never gotten it?

Comment

• Magster
                                • Jun 2015

FearTheLoss,

Do you feel that the shed you got from PRP/CRP left you in a worse position had you never gotten it?

Comment

Working...