+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

I'm getting my second session of PRP done in two weeks. I will be getting microscopic photos taken and hair check to see if it is making any difference for me, and then get these photos/hair check again 6-7 months from now to draw my final conclusion.

Again, PRP is now the only treatment that I'm using on my entire scalp (lipogaine on temples)

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I'm getting my second session of PRP done in two weeks. I will be getting microscopic photos taken and hair check to see if it is making any difference for me, and then get these photos/hair check again 6-7 months from now to draw my final conclusion.

Again, PRP is now the only treatment that I'm using on my entire scalp (lipogaine on temples)
    FYI I tried PRP with Greceo with no result but later tried PRP Acell with noticeable results which appeared at about the 4 month mark and then started to fade at about the 6 month mark. Not sure what the cost is these days but definitely higher than PRP alone.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

DHT and genetics, team up to initiate a cascade of unfortunate events. Effective treatment needs to address multiple issues. Until a "homerun" hair loss product is released, we can do a lot to slow AGA and even get some regrowth. I'm encouraged when I see our patients who enjoy success by using multiple known effective treatments and products. IMO, it is possible that DHT initiates a dominant root cause of hair loss that varies from man to man. For some men it could be DHT induced adipose depletion that's responsible for insufficient platelet growth factor signalling. In this case PRP results should be above average. Some men may have a dominant DHT initiated problem with excessive production of PGD2 (prostaglandin D2). In this case PRP may not be very effective. Recent studies discuss the immune system's role in MPB. Occasional use of corticosteroids like hydrocortisone 2.5%, Cordran SP and triamcinolone acetonide have a listed side of excessive hair growth and I believe they inhibit telogen. You shouldn't use topical steroids until about 5 days after PRP, but multiple treatments are going to be the ticket IMO until we see a major breakthrough.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    FYI I tried PRP with Greceo with no result but later tried PRP Acell with noticeable results which appeared at about the 4 month mark and then started to fade at about the 6 month mark. Not sure what the cost is these days but definitely higher than PRP alone.
    I think Dr. Cole charges somewhere around $1300? Chuck can correct me if I'm wrong.

Dr. Wesley charges $1000.

Dr. Greco charges almost $1600

By the way, how much later did you try it with Acell? How long after your initial treatment with Greco. Also, who did your PRP with Acell?

By the way, how much later did you try it with Acell? How long after your initial treatment with Greco. Also, who did your PRP with Acell?
    It was probably 1 and 1/2 years later from Dr. Cooley. It was just after acell became available in a powder form I believe. The experience was excellent.

I think Dr. Cole charges somewhere around $1300? Chuck can correct me if I'm wrong.

Dr. Wesley charges $1000.

Dr. Greco charges almost $1600
    Just plain old PRP from Greco is $600. He has two other formulas with a protein matrix and CRP for $1400 and $1695.

I think Dr. Cole charges somewhere around $1300? Chuck can correct me if I'm wrong. Dr. Wesley charges $1000. Dr. Greco charges almost $1600
    I just spoke with our RN and got some inside scoop on PRP cost. Dr. Cole originally spun PRP on a "Harvest" PRP device. Cytomedix built a more accurate device called the "Angel". The Angel allows doctors to fine tune PRP formulas with greater accuracy. Our RN mentioned that the Harvest system's PRP often causes more swelling than PRP spun on the Angel device. We have found, the actual patient results to be better with the Angel system. Recently, Cytomedix has become Nuo Therapeutics. The management of Nuo Therapeutics has imposed a non-flexible price change for the Angel disposable cartridge packages. The price tripled.

Perhaps Cytomedix bankruptcy history prompted new management to raise prices.

From Bankruptcy to Success Through Licensing:
    The Cytomedix Story

Dr. Cole's PRP pricing is similar to the prices other doctors are charging. Please call our office for pricing breakdown.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com

Hi Everyone,

Long time reader but new poster here.

After a lot of forum and internet research, I made an appointment see Dr. Prasad in Manhattan previously mentioned here next week for a consultation. He appears to be one of the pioneers in this field for several years, and in discussing with their office the ballpark price for the PRP + Acell treatment, I was quoted somewhere between $3500 and $5000(yes, I know) for a one-time treatment that should be effective for 3-5 years in a best case scenario, though they seem extremely confident in the procedure.

I actually live down the street from the office in NYC so figure hey, can't hurt to get looked at for the price of the consultation fee (that would go towards the treatment if I decide to proceed).

Everyone that mentions him around the 'nets seems to have a favorable opinion of his professionalism and bedside manner, aside from a few complaining about some eyelid surgeries they weren't satisfied with. (shrug)

In any case, any opinions on direct questions I should be asking him? I'll also be happy to field any questions that aren't too crazy to him and report back, I understand the intense research you guys do around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Long time reader but new poster here.

He appears to be one of the pioneers in this field for several years, and in discussing with their office the ballpark price for the PRP + Acell treatment, I was quoted somewhere between $3500 and $5000(yes, I know) for a one-time treatment that should be effective for 3-5 years in a best case scenario, though they seem extremely confident in the procedure.
    One of the top PRP devices is called the "Angel" and it produces accurate PRP formulas. Even though there was a recent triple price increase for the Angel disposable cartridges, a PRP treatment should not be priced higher than the $1,600 range anywhere. $1,600 is a high end price which should include ACell. The benefits of these stand alone treatments usually last for about a year. $3,500 is way too much to pay for PRP treatment unless there's something here I'm missing. I have never heard of the full benefits of PRP/ACell treatment lasting as long as you were quoted.