Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryan555
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Stocione
    Based on what evidence? Further, Expense is relative.
    Based on what doctors have told me. Ask Dr. Greco. I doubt he would even perform the procedure on you monthly.

Comment

• Stocione
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ryan555
      Based on what doctors have told me. Ask Dr. Greco. I doubt he would even perform the procedure on you monthly.
      He not only said he would but that he has noted improved results. So uh...
      Yeah. Also there are two to three studies showing improved efficacy of growth factor treatments with more frequent applications.

Comment

• ryan555
        • Oct 2010

He not only said he would but that he has noted improved results. So uh...
        Yeah. Also there are two to three studies showing improved efficacy of growth factor treatments with more frequent applications.
        Interesting. Alright, I stand corrected. Let us know how it goes. Maybe I should be going more often.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

I have read that also. I have seen at least 1-2 studies where they did it monthly for the first 3 or so months, and then semiannually to maintain.

Comment

• Stocione
            • Aug 2013

Hard to sell patients on a 1k treatment a month though. I just am lucky that i've gone into a career path that allows me to afford these treatments at a young age.

Comment

• ryan555
              • Oct 2010

Hard to sell patients on a 1k treatment a month though. I just am lucky that i've gone into a career path that allows me to afford these treatments at a young age.
              I don't mind the cost so much as the travel. Getting to Sarasota from where I live is a royal pain. I usually can only get out there twice a year. If it were in my town, I'd probably go every month or two.

Comment

• Stocione
                • Aug 2013

Fair enough. Well I'll let you all know how I get on.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                  • Dec 2012

In the last week, my scalp has begun to feel better than it has in years. I am also not shedding AT ALL. I can run my hand through my hair and typically not have any hairs fall out, whereas before I'd lose numerous (5-10) each time.

Will keep you guys updated, but as of so far, I am a believer in Dr. Greco's CRP.

Comment

• Justinian
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                    In the last week, my scalp has begun to feel better than it has in years. I am also not shedding AT ALL. I can run my hand through my hair and typically not have any hairs fall out, whereas before I'd lose numerous (5-10) each time.

Will keep you guys updated, but as of so far, I am a believer in Dr. Greco's CRP.
                    Are you currently on any other treatments or recently stopped any others?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                      • Dec 2012

Not on any other treatments at all.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss

How much did it cost?

Comment

• Stocione
                          • Aug 2013

My shedding is also way down. It's only been a little over two weeks, so way too early to say anything but that. I don't think i'll see any visible results for another month and a half at the earliest.

Comment

• Hicks
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                            How much did it cost?
                            I know your not asking me but as a community we need to find ways to lower prices. The only thing I would think of are group buys. Meaning 10+ members get together for a treatment. To my knowledge there is no standard in PRP treatments, just a bunch of photos/words for propaganda. I hear the treatment process can vary from individuals. Greco has gotten a few grants sense 2007 for the study of PRP. If it wasn't working in anyway I'm sure he would of punted on the idea of PRP or CRP for hair loss.

orogen.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, orogen.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• Hicks
                              • Apr 2013

Forgot to mention to read the PDF of "Greco Medical Group involved in the largest PRP study for Hair" download and read the entire study.

Comment

• ryan555
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Hicks
                                I know your not asking me but as a community we need to find ways to lower prices. The only thing I would think of are group buys. Meaning 10+ members get together for a treatment. To my knowledge there is no standard in PRP treatments, just a bunch of photos/words for propaganda. I hear the treatment process can vary from individuals. Greco has gotten a few grants sense 2007 for the study of PRP. If it wasn't working in anyway I'm sure he would of punted on the idea of PRP or CRP for hair loss.

orogen.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, orogen.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

http://www.grecohairrestoration.com/...udy-hair-loss/
                                I doubt you're going to successfully get the cost down on the treatment. Firstly, as I understand it, a significant portion of the cost is in the disposable components of the centrifuges used in the processing of the PRP. That high cost is going to be passed on to the patient. Second, Dr Greco seems pretty booked up as it is. His costs have gone up pretty significantly since I started the treatments a few years ago.

Comment

Working...