My PRP experience so far

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stocione
    • Aug 2013

After speaking with Dr. Greco, I'm going to be going in for three treatments in a three month window. I want to be aggressive in my treatment and I'm lucky enough to have a job that will make it well within what is affordable. I'll stay in touch, you do the same. I really liked Dr. Greco, whether or not the treatment works as well I hope.

Comment

• ryan555
      • Oct 2010

I was one of the early adopters of PRP and have been getting the treatment with Dr Greco every 6 months for the last 4 or 5 years. I definitely feel it has helped slow down my hair loss, reverse miniaturization, and improve the quality of my hair. I am not on any meds and my hair loss has been very stable and looks good under a microscope so I don't believe it's a fluke. I also noticed that it has gotten better as I've received more treatments. I haven't had a noticeable shed in two years now and my hair quality has improved drastically.

For those wondering or ready to accuse me, I have absolutely no vested interest in PRP or Dr Greco's practice. It was one of my only treatment options when I had to stop taking all meds for health reasons 5 years ago. It is not cheap or convenient but I do think it's a viable option for people who can afford it.

One more thing - in the last two treatments I have received CRP over the PRP and I do believe it's worth the extra cost. My scalp feels unbelievably healthy, my hair looks and feels full, and I really don't shed at all.

Comment

• ryan555
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
        That's awesome..keep me updated on your progress.

I'm doing well. I went through a period of decreased shedding initially, then I shed a fair amount, and now it's stopped again. I think, however, the hair that I shed was almost all miniaturized hair. I'm hoping that it grows back better in 2 months or so. Dr. Greco said these are good signs and I should expect improvement in the hair characteristics by new year.
        I think part of the problem is that, due to the expense and inconvenience of travel, very few people stick with the treatments on a regular basis. The results have improved for me the more I have been treated.

Comment

• ryan555
          • Oct 2010

I went through a shed after my initial PRP session, much like when I started minoxidil many years ago. It doesn't happen any more after I receive treatments.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Yes, and you have to shed the miniaturized hairs for them to grow back healthier.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
              • Dec 2012

I should clarify, I did get his new CRP.

Comment

• Stocione
                • Aug 2013

As did I. I'm going back for my second treatment at the end of November and my third will be at the start of January.

Comment

• Illusion
                  • Jul 2014

I hear people talking about "PRP costs $1000 (for example)", but do they mean $1000 for one treatment +future treatments? I have a hard time believing this, it's probably $1000 for first treatment + additional costs for future treatments, right? If so, how much are those 2nd, 3rd, and so on treatments? Just as expensive or less expensive?

Comment

• Stocione
                    • Aug 2013

That's the cost per treatment. Crp is more expensive though. He does give discounts for repeat users, something like 10% off.

Comment

• Illusion
                      • Jul 2014

Hm that would get pretty expensive indeed. I don't have much knowledge on the subject of PRP and CRP but my understanding was it was basically a boosted minox...

Anyway, I looked up PCP/CRP and it seems that it's only being done in the US (maybe I haven't searched properly enough though). I don't live in the US so I guess I'm not going to undergo this treatment anytime soon (if at all).

Thanks for clarifying things though.

Comment

• Stocione
                        • Aug 2013

Italians also are doing some crp. I'm in a good financial position so I can afford up to 1k a month. Most people get this done once every 8 months

Comment

• Hicks
                          • Apr 2013

Cost depends on the method. Might be $1700 for CRP or Acell. As a group we need to find a way to drive this down so treatments are at least $100 a month. So every 8 month treatment would be $800. Group buys could drive cost down???

Comment

• ryan555
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Stocione
                            As did I. I'm going back for my second treatment at the end of November and my third will be at the start of January.
                            Why would you get them so close together? I don't think you're going to benefit from that and it sure is expensive.

Comment

• ryan555
                              • Oct 2010

It's about $2,000 per year for these treatments, plus travel costs. If I was able to take meds, I would not do these. But, if you have the time and money, can't or don't want to take meds, and are really concerned about hair loss, this is probably your best option.

Comment

• Stocione
                                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ryan555
                                Why would you get them so close together? I don't think you're going to benefit from that and it sure is expensive.
                                Based on what evidence? Further, Expense is relative.

Comment

Working...