+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Did you shed before you saw any results? After having the procedure done 2 months ago I am still shedding quite substantially. At this point I just canīt see this treatment helping at all. Would you say that the more prp-acell treatments you get, the more the quality of your hair improves?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooyoungforbalding View Post
    Did you shed before you saw any results? After having the procedure done 2 months ago I am still shedding quite substantially. At this point I just canīt see this treatment helping at all. Would you say that the more prp-acell treatments you get, the more the quality of your hair improves?
    I noticed just a little shedding. But shedding 2 months in would not be inconsistent with something that is working. Especially since this procedure works in a more regenerative than a maintenance way. The one thing I can say is that even at 3 months in, I didn't think the treatment was working either as I saw absolutely no sign of any benefit. Since this was my third variation of the treatment and with no results from the prior 2, I wasn't holding out much hope at the time. It was 4 months for me that I saw definite improvement. If you had the procedure done correctly, I would find it hard to believe you won't see a benefit. In my opinion, the negative thing about this type of treatment is that you have to do it at least once a year and maybe even every 6-8 months so it is expensive. Can I ask who did your procedure?

Is there anywhere on this site (on in the PRP subforum) that lists all the doctors that do PRP? I've been reading up on it again and may give it another shot, I'd like to see feedback on the differences between the practices offering it. I've had it done once back in August of 2010 at Dr. Greco's. Back then he was branding the injections I received as his PRP+Protein Matrix. I assume that the PRP+acell and CRP are different and represent advances in the field since I went in 2010. Also, I realize it was only one session that I received back then, but I saw no benefits whatsoever. In regards to doctors that I know offer some type of PRP product, I have: Bauman, Greco, Cole, Wesley, and Cooley.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    I noticed just a little shedding. But shedding 2 months in would not be inconsistent with something that is working. Especially since this procedure works in a more regenerative than a maintenance way. The one thing I can say is that even at 3 months in, I didn't think the treatment was working either as I saw absolutely no sign of any benefit. Since this was my third variation of the treatment and with no results from the prior 2, I wasn't holding out much hope at the time. It was 4 months for me that I saw definite improvement. If you had the procedure done correctly, I would find it hard to believe you won't see a benefit. In my opinion, the negative thing about this type of treatment is that you have to do it at least once a year and maybe even every 6-8 months so it is expensive. Can I ask who did your procedure?
    Thanks for insightful answers PinotQ. I had PRP/CRP done with Dr. Greco. So I do believe I have had the treatment done right. He told me to expect results at the 4-6 month mark, which resonates with what you are saying. I do remember him stressing the fact about coming over for three treatments within 18 months for optimal results. I guess its all about being patient, though I am finding it rather hard with all this hair constantly falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    Is there anywhere on this site (on in the PRP subforum) that lists all the doctors that do PRP? I've been reading up on it again and may give it another shot, I'd like to see feedback on the differences between the practices offering it. I've had it done once back in August of 2010 at Dr. Greco's. Back then he was branding the injections I received as his PRP+Protein Matrix. I assume that the PRP+acell and CRP are different and represent advances in the field since I went in 2010. Also, I realize it was only one session that I received back then, but I saw no benefits whatsoever. In regards to doctors that I know offer some type of PRP product, I have: Bauman, Greco, Cole, Wesley, and Cooley.
    I am only aware of the doctors listed above. I wish I could give you a review of my treatment at Greco, but I am only 2 months in. I do not have any prior treatments of this nature to compare with either. All I can say is that Greco is a very knowledgeable and kind man, and I will be surprised if this treatment does not give any positive results.

I am only aware of the doctors listed above. I wish I could give you a review of my treatment at Greco, but I am only 2 months in. I do not have any prior treatments of this nature to compare with either. All I can say is that Greco is a very knowledgeable and kind man, and I will be surprised if this treatment does not give any positive results.
    Greco is a great guy but I absolutely think you need acell for the treatment to work on most people for androgenic alopecia. I think prp alone works more for alopecia areata and on women. I think it is the acell that is doing the work and prp is a vehicle and maybe provides a little boost. You might try doing a phone consult with Dr. Cooley. He does not advertise this treatment on his website...........very low key about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Greco is a great guy but I absolutely think you need acell for the treatment to work on most people for androgenic alopecia. I think prp alone works more for alopecia areata and on women. I think it is the acell that is doing the work and prp is a vehicle and maybe provides a little boost. You might try doing a phone consult with Dr. Cooley. He does not advertise this treatment on his website...........very low key about it.
    I should have added that I did get the PRP/CRP in conjunction with his in house ECM. Which essentially is a protein matrix like acell, just derived from your own blood and not stem cells from a pig bladder. As far as I am concerned I could imagine the two being similar. Again, my knowledge is limited.

Thanks for insightful answers PinotQ. I had PRP/CRP done with Dr. Greco. So I do believe I have had the treatment done right. He told me to expect results at the 4-6 month mark, which resonates with what you are saying. I do remember him stressing the fact about coming over for three treatments within 18 months for optimal results. I guess its all about being patient, though I am finding it rather hard with all this hair constantly falling out.
    I also had PRP with Greco and just hit the 3 month mark. I do not have any cosmetically visible difference yet and was told the 4 month mark was when I should see something too. I have also been shedding a lot of what I think are small/thin hairs, although it's tough for me to tell because my hair is really light.

Good Luck guys! Let me know what you think in another month or so.

2 months after PRP Acell, I'm shedding like CRAZY..one of the worst sheds I have ever had..so either I'm losing hair at a more rapid pace or I'm responding well to this treatment..I guess we will see in two months.