+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    We do a HairCheck before PRP treatments. If the patient is available for a followup 8-13 months later, we do another HairCheck and at that time compare hair mass numbers with the previous numbers. This way we can calculate the percentage of improvement. Nearly everyone gets some improvement after PRP treatment. Dr. Cole reminded me of the Dr. Merritt study where he started plucking hairs from a full head of hair until there was obvious thinning. It wasn't until over 50% of the hairs were gone that there was noticeable thinning. With this in mind, a 20% PRP treatment improvement isn't going to produce a jaw-dropping impression. According to Dr. Greco, at least in women, regular PRP treatments can "ratchet" improvement in hair caliber forward over time.

Chuck

PRP and CRP contains some growth factors but if it has any of the CORRECT growth factors it is not very many. For example, I read that there are ZERO Wnts in either CRP or PRP. The correct growth factors are the growth factors inside of AAPE. Yale university determined that the growth factors in AAPE are the correct growth factors and proteins. Histogen also contains the correct growth factors and proteins. If you compare what growth factors are in PRP/CRP versus the growth factors in AAPE/Histogen then you will see that they are not the same. You can't use any ole growth factors and proteins; it has to be the correct growth factors and proteins.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    AAPE is not the same thing as PRP or CRP.You can't apply the results of one to another.
    they both contain various growth factors at various concentrations. jesus why are you such a pedant. i wasnt implying one is the same as the other.

PRP hasn't been enough to stop my hair loss. Does it help, yes I believe so. My shedding is overall slightly less and my scalp is less inflamed. Not a miracle treatment but if you can afford it it's somewhat helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    they both contain various growth factors at various concentrations. jesus why are you such a pedant. i wasnt implying one is the same as the other.
    I'm just stating fact. I'm pedantic because you seem to not realize you can not possibly expect the same results from these entirely different treatments.

FACT: AAPE and PRP do not contain entirely the same growth factors. Many key growth factors in AAPE are not in PRP. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges or finasteride and apple cider.

I appreciate it. I'm considering contacting Greco pretty soon.
    I can afford it and my expectations are reasonable.

Have you noticed anything from your other PRP with Acell treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by x4342 View Post
    I appreciate it. I'm considering contacting Greco pretty soon.
    I can afford it and my expectations are reasonable.

Have you noticed anything from your other PRP with Acell treatment?
    FYI I have done PRP alone, PRP w/ acell (before powder) and PRP after they came out w/ Powder Acell (I think the powder mixes more consistently with the PRP and doesn't clump). The only one that worked was the latter and I saw definite visible improvement .....not dramatic in terms of new visible hair but just enough to see visible evidence that it was working and I wasn't going backward. If you looked very closely, it wasn't that I was growing new hair but that some of the very fine almost invisible weak hairs had become darker, thicker and longer. It takes about 4 months to see anything. My existing hairs became thicker and more robust as well. At least in my experience, I felt the injections started losing effect somehwhere bewteen 6 and 9 months....so you would likely need injections at least once per year. I recently had another treatment. When I did my first PRP/powder acell treatment it was $1,500 but it is now $2,500 so it is not cheap. Also, I have had each of the 3 types of treatments with different doctors and by far, in my opinion, Dr. Cooley was the best. (the last 2 PRP/Acell powder treatments w/ Cooley).

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    FYI I have done PRP alone, PRP w/ acell (before powder) and PRP after they came out w/ Powder Acell (I think the powder mixes more consistently with the PRP and doesn't clump). The only one that worked was the latter and I saw definite visible improvement .....not dramatic in terms of new visible hair but just enough to see visible evidence that it was working and I wasn't going backward. If you looked very closely, it wasn't that I was growing new hair but that some of the very fine almost invisible weak hairs had become darker, thicker and longer. It takes about 4 months to see anything. My existing hairs became thicker and more robust as well. At least in my experience, I felt the injections started losing effect somehwhere bewteen 6 and 9 months....so you would likely need injections at least once per year. I recently had another treatment. When I did my first PRP/powder acell treatment it was $1,500 but it is now $2,500 so it is not cheap. Also, I have had each of the 3 types of treatments with different doctors and by far, in my opinion, Dr. Cooley was the best. (the last 2 PRP/Acell powder treatments w/ Cooley).
    My most recent was with acell, how do you know if it's powder or not? I had it 6 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    My most recent was with acell, how do you know if it's powder or not? I had it 6 weeks ago
    I would think most doctors are using the powder now but you might ask your doctor. I don't think that it's that the powder is really any more effective, its just easier to work with and therefore may be more consistent in application.........but that's just my amateur interpretation. In my opinion it really had more to do with the doctor. The first time it was just PRP with zero benefit. The next time it was with acell but the doctor seemed more focused on the PRP than the acell...with no benefit. And it didn't seem to me that this doctor, although very nice, knew what he was really doing. With Cooley, he just seemed like he knew a lot more, he had different instructions post procedure and he said you won't see a thing until about 4 months. And he was exactly right.

What were your post procedure instructions?

Cooley has a high price, I only paid $1k for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    What were your post procedure instructions?

Cooley has a high price, I only paid $1k for mine.
    The main thing was not to use ibuprofen as it can interfere with the regeneration process. Use Tylenol instead. And, not that it affected the efficacy, but the prp/acell is injected in your scalp so you do not need to leave the dried blood on your scalp for 24 to 48 hours. Not very convenient, especially when it doesn't help. I don't remember exactly what I paid for my first PRP/Acell treatment but I am sure it was at least $1,500. $1,000 seems extremely low. I'm not in a position nor do I have the expertise to make any realistic assessments on what the differences are between the various doctors but 2 points that come to mind are the amount of acell used and the depth and number of injections. I'm sure that plays into the efficacy. I'm just experimenting and trying to see if things work like everyone else on here so I will keep you updated on my progress. But I am months away from seeing if this treatment works as well as the last one. Good luck on yours!