Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klite
    • Oct 2014

Am I losing hair? or am I just being paranoid. [PICTURES]

So literally around just 3 weeks ago my hair started falling out.. a lot. I would run my hand through it and find 2-3 hairs (with white bulbs at the end). I would oil my hair and my hand will be FILLED with hairs. This all started after I had recently gotten a haircut. I don't know why it started suddenly, I am 18 years old. I've improved my diet, I take multivitamin tablets now. Eat almonds & apples, drink a lot of water. Don't use hot water to wash my hair, just mildly warm.

I don't know what's happening. I heard that it could just be shedding, but is this a bit to excessive? I don't know why it's happening. If anyone could help me. Please do. I'll post some pictures, if you could tell me if I am balding or if it's just all in my mind or if my hair is shedding or is it just in the telogen phase.

Thanks a lot!

FLASH IS ON IN THE PICTURES
    Attached Files
  • sundev09
    • Oct 2014

Looks to me like you're starting to thin in your crown/vertex area. Do you have any family members that are bald?

Comment

• Klite
      • Oct 2014

My dad went bald in his late 30's. But my Grandfather wasn't bald. My dad said it was because he used to blowdry his hair and use hot water all the time.

Comment

• Klite
        • Oct 2014

Also, I had a throat infection about two weeks ago. I was on Antibiotics for a little while. My throat currently hurts when I swallow and just generally when I talk.

Comment

• Klite
          • Oct 2014

Do you think it could be TE?

I did recently start working out and lost a lot of weight in 2-3 months.
          I also recently had a chest infection and was on Antibiotics.

My diet was also kind of bad (Changed that ASAP).

So.. Yeah.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
            • Jun 2013

Maybe the antibiotics could be the reason. If not then I vote: BALDING.

Comment

• Klite
              • Oct 2014

Well.. my hair started falling out before that, mostly with little white bulbs/cubes at the end of it.

It all started after I got a haircut.

Do you not think it could be TE?

Comment

• sundev09
                • Oct 2014

I dont think it's from the antibiotics. I'm thinking it might be male pattern baldness.

Comment

Working...