+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now I am free!

Default Now I am free!

Hi, new member here. I have been a lurker on this site for a while as I know I have been fighting a loosing battle with hair loss for a while.
    I'm 27 now and first noticed hair loss at 20. I have been using alpecin caffeine shampoo for years and I genuinely believe it has slowed the process down but not completely as in the last 2 years I've had the odd comment about going thin up top and "a little bald patch" on the crown - which I could not see in the mirror!!! My barber stopped showing the back of my head after a cut because I think she knew I didn't like what I saw when she held the small mirror up to show the back of my head.
    Anyway, My ex girlfriend cheated on me and we split up about 2 months ago so my confidence has taken a blow and I'm left thinking oh no! What will I do now? I'll never get another girlfriend!
    Luckily I been chatting and texting a girl from an online site and we arranged to meet up after a few weeks of texting.
    I was in a clothes store yesterday, getting some new clothes for the date, and I took a jacket to the fitting room to try on and as I closed the curtain, I saw the back of my head in the reflection of the mirror to the rear. Wow! I thought it was someone standing there - like another face it was that big!!
    So on the way home I decided. **** this!! It's coming off. I'm finally going to face my fears of baldness and man up. I text the girl to say I'm shaving my head just so she wouldn't be surprised. I knew she may well pull out but I had nothing to lose I guess. She was fine about it though
    Running those clippers felt amazing, like I was IN CHARGE! Once it was all off I was abit disappointed that I didn't quite look like Jason statham with my matching designer stubble but oh well I'm good shape at least.
    I met the girl and she was stunning! And didn't even care about the shaved head - I always thought the stories of them not caring were just to make us baldys feel better. She even said it looked good! And even better she wants to meet up again!
    I'm still not to keen on it myself, but truth is my only concern was what others would think. I know that it's insecure but that's how I am and most people on this site must be too!!
    I'm just posting this as a thank you to all the advice in the past and hopefully help the next guy make the same decision and not get so hung up on it like I was.
    Cheers...

inb4 friendzones, emotional tampon, spend money on broad and get nothin in return

lol jokin man, great job!

go out there and live....be bold! be BALD!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    inb4 friendzones, emotional tampon, spend money on broad and get nothin in return

lol jokin man, great job!

go out there and live....be bold! be BALD!
    Haha that's funny! I'm sure I'll get plenty in return