+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

CB is totally useless? They need to find the right concentrations for it work for MPB thats all. It might work really well and still be safe at high doses. Again no one knows until they figure out

Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post
    Pure desperateness and 3 years ago the most of us in the community where not capeble of interpreting research studies. So yeah easy to buy into some hypes.

And it is suposed to be sidefree as advertised , but that seems not the case in the groupbuy trials.
    About 6-7 reported chest pains and other sides.

Copy paste from other forum :
    Itīs the first time that i see someone coment about side effects from CB. Could you please elaborate a little more? If this information is correct, itīs really bad news since many here thought that CB could replace Fin without side effects.

I suppose that even Desmond never pointed sides from CB considering his researches.

I haven't been able to find anything about how often to apply or concentration that you guys are talking about. Some sources would be nice. Has anyone started yet? Before we scrap an idea that has been talked about at least since late 2011, don't you guys think we should try it? I'll be using at 2% concentration. Hopefully some people will use it at 5%. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    damn! so the conclusion is we should forget about CB. one of the most promising treatments within the next years just turned out to be totally useless. all the hype for nothing.

remaining hopes is only replicel. histogen seems to be dead, and team lauster doesn't even manage to put the new info website online as they claimed.
    How did you come to this conclusion? I doubt CB is "totally useless"
    Just because some guy interprets one clinical trial for you in a negative way doesn't mean shit. Cosmo obviously saw potential in developing this drug, and is continuing to test it, which means that NOBODY knows how good or bad it will be. Nobody knows what side effects it will have (every drug has sides. period. sometimes they are mild enough to ignore, and hopefully that is the case for CB for most people. Im sure some people won't be able to take it). I also doubt that the vehicle was an issue, but we also don't know if people were maintaining their hair on it and just gave up due to price, wrong form of the molecule, sides, etc. Also, most of the people on here seem to be people that are especially prone to sides/hypochondria/anxiety etc, and just cause a few dudes say they got heart palpitations or a headache doesn't mean shit. You can get those from anything, including maybe whatever vehicle they were using.

Seeing as CB is just an anti androgen, and has been used to some extent by forum people, I doubt it's a wonder drug. However, I also am sure that if it gets passed, it will have some positive effect on hair loss. the only way to know is to wait and see. Best case scenario, its a good alternative to propecia, though personally I'd rather shave my head than be applying shit to it topically every day. Just isn't really worth it to me. Something like replicel is much more promising, as you don't have to invest your dignity every day into a losing battle, and cells from the back of your head are gonna keep multiplying and growing, so hopefully it proves to be at least a semi-permanent way to fight this thing.

Also a lot of the people on this forum are young guys with severely aggressive hair loss. You can't base the general effectiveness of a drug based on the worst case patients. For those of us with slow loss, something like CB could make a big difference. I even know guys who maintained on romaine for many years. And for those with aggressive loss, I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago- nothing is gonna halt that kind of balding if propecia doesn't, might as well just live and someday they will be able to create brand new follicles. propecia stops loss for 80 or 90 percent of men, so if it doesn't work for you then shit, why even bother worrying about CB etc. the mechanisms aren't that different.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Also a lot of the people on this forum are young guys with severely aggressive hair loss. You can't base the general effectiveness of a drug based on the worst case patients. For those of us with slow loss, something like CB could make a big difference. I even know guys who maintained on romaine for many years. And for those with aggressive loss, I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago- nothing is gonna halt that kind of balding if propecia doesn't, might as well just live and someday they will be able to create brand new follicles. propecia stops loss for 80 or 90 percent of men, so if it doesn't work for you then shit, why even bother worrying about CB etc. the mechanisms aren't that different.
    They are, the miniaturization can be also be attributed to other androgens. Propecia does not block the receptor it justs binds to 5AR and therefore no DHT to bind. But CB blocks the receptor so maybe other androgens also cannot bind, since CB is nothing but an androgen antagonist. People should try this if propecia does not work, woth a shot IMO. No offence surfin.

Just speculation...Nobody knows if cb is going to be another worthless effort.
    I hope not, but if i'm not wrong the European trials using iontophoresis shoed that cb was superior than finasteride.
    If cb manages to decrease dht in our follicles on a high percent then minoxidil will be much more potent.
    Even if it's efficacy is similar or close to ru that will be something.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    They are, the miniaturization can be also be attributed to other androgens. Propecia does not block the receptor it justs binds to 5AR and therefore no DHT to bind. But CB blocks the receptor so maybe other androgens also cannot bind, since CB is nothing but an androgen antagonist. People should try this if propecia does not work, woth a shot IMO. No offence surfin.
    I didn't know that. I thought DHT was the only androgen that set off hair follicle change. And no offense taken. Bottom line is no one really knows how any experimental drug will do in the long run until it is scientifically tested on a large scale. The first trial that cosmo did doesn't mean much in terms of side effects or effectiveness until it is more widely studied, and neither are negative speculations based on anecdotal evidence from a handful of forum members. All we know is that it probably has some effect on hair, and if it does pass trials (and the fact that highly trained researchers and businessmen are dropping their loot on these trials means that theres certainly at least some promise) then it will probably affect people to varying degrees, both negatively and positively.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    every drug has sides. period.
    This is something many people forget. Technically, therapeutic effect is a side effect albeit a desirable one.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This is something many people forget. Technically, therapeutic effect is a side effect albeit a desirable one.
    Yes, you are correct. But i suppose nobody knew that CB could give the same sides (and some of them even worse) than propecia. According to the poster Boldy, the sides are throat discomfort, headache, chest pain, aching testicles, decreased vision, sexual sides, brainfog.

If this is true, then CB is not an option.