Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stan
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
    Also a lot of the people on this forum are young guys with severely aggressive hair loss. You can't base the general effectiveness of a drug based on the worst case patients. For those of us with slow loss, something like CB could make a big difference. I even know guys who maintained on romaine for many years. And for those with aggressive loss, I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago- nothing is gonna halt that kind of balding if propecia doesn't, might as well just live and someday they will be able to create brand new follicles. propecia stops loss for 80 or 90 percent of men, so if it doesn't work for you then shit, why even bother worrying about CB etc. the mechanisms aren't that different.
    They are, the miniaturization can be also be attributed to other androgens. Propecia does not block the receptor it justs binds to 5AR and therefore no DHT to bind. But CB blocks the receptor so maybe other androgens also cannot bind, since CB is nothing but an androgen antagonist. People should try this if propecia does not work, woth a shot IMO. No offence surfin.

Comment

• breakbot
      • Feb 2014

Just speculation...Nobody knows if cb is going to be another worthless effort.
      I hope not, but if i'm not wrong the European trials using iontophoresis shoed that cb was superior than finasteride.
      If cb manages to decrease dht in our follicles on a high percent then minoxidil will be much more potent.
      Even if it's efficacy is similar or close to ru that will be something.

Comment

• sdsurfin
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by stan
        They are, the miniaturization can be also be attributed to other androgens. Propecia does not block the receptor it justs binds to 5AR and therefore no DHT to bind. But CB blocks the receptor so maybe other androgens also cannot bind, since CB is nothing but an androgen antagonist. People should try this if propecia does not work, woth a shot IMO. No offence surfin.
        I didn't know that. I thought DHT was the only androgen that set off hair follicle change. And no offense taken. Bottom line is no one really knows how any experimental drug will do in the long run until it is scientifically tested on a large scale. The first trial that cosmo did doesn't mean much in terms of side effects or effectiveness until it is more widely studied, and neither are negative speculations based on anecdotal evidence from a handful of forum members. All we know is that it probably has some effect on hair, and if it does pass trials (and the fact that highly trained researchers and businessmen are dropping their loot on these trials means that theres certainly at least some promise) then it will probably affect people to varying degrees, both negatively and positively.

Comment

• walrus
          • Feb 2012

every drug has sides. period.
          This is something many people forget. Technically, therapeutic effect is a side effect albeit a desirable one.

Comment

• Paul73
            • May 2014

Originally posted by walrus
            This is something many people forget. Technically, therapeutic effect is a side effect albeit a desirable one.
            Yes, you are correct. But i suppose nobody knew that CB could give the same sides (and some of them even worse) than propecia. According to the poster Boldy, the sides are throat discomfort, headache, chest pain, aching testicles, decreased vision, sexual sides, brainfog.

If this is true, then CB is not an option.

Comment

• TimJermaine
              • Sep 2014

Ok so back to the original question: Any ideas of how we can get Versapro and EXPERIMENT with CB

Comment

• sdsurfin
                • Sep 2013

We don't know if those are real either though. People get psychosomatic effects all the time and I doubt cb has the exact same sides as propecia. I was putting cb on my head that I got from a US lab, and the only possible sides I noticed were intense dreams and reduced itching. I get horrible sides from even a tiny bit of propecia.

Comment

• pagedo
                  • Oct 2014

We don't know if those are real either though. People get psychosomatic effects all the time and I doubt cb has the exact same sides as propecia. I was putting cb on my head that I got from a US lab, and the only possible sides I noticed were intense dreams and reduced itching. I get horrible sides from even a tiny bit of propecia.
                  Reduced itching is a step in the right direction. What vehicle were you using and where did you get your cb made in the US?

Comment

Working...