+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    I will keep you posted I wanted to say that redensyl was a disappointment i stopped that due to it giving me pimples on my scalp.
    If not for the pimples did redensyl help you ?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    If not for the pimples did redensyl help you ?
    When i stopped using i noticed when I buzzed my hair its getting thinner so I do think it may haved done something so im going back to using with the pea extract.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    I've been trying to convince my son to use Rogaine, but he says it's too much of a hassle at school. I keep telling him he's making a big mistake by not being as aggressive as possible early on, to no avail. I mentioned DUT to him; he hasn't made a decision yet. It's truly devastating to start losing hair so young (this all started for him as soon as he turned 18) and risk potential sides (yeah, some things will always be more important than hair) in hopes of keeping a decent head of hair as long as possible. I'd do the same thing (I'm considering Spiro for myself--haven't filled the prescription yet) if I were in his shoes at his age. I worry so much about the sides and occasionally send him emails from guys' threads discussing sides they're experiencing, "FYI" (just weird for a mother to talk about that stuff with her son).

As for me, I'm shedding diffusely, so no wide part or bald areas, just overall thinning. No one notices--yet. I had a scalp biopsy July 2013 and was diagnosed with AGA. God, I had hoped it wouldn't happen till my 70s, like my mother. I figured I'd be dead by then-lol! I've had a lot of blood work done. Everything's normal, even estrogen and progesterone. Actually, my naturopath commented that my progesterone was high for someone my age. Still, several months ago I started taking B6 daily to maybe raise it even higher. My thinking is that my hair was thick and hardly shed when I was pregnant both times, due to high levels of estrogen and progesterone, so I figured, what the heck, let me try to raise it even higher. Unfortunately, though, the hairs I shed are tapered and are miniaturized, intermediate and terminal. The process has begun. )-:

All that being said, I do feel for everyone on here, especially the really young guys. Yeah, it sucks being a 51-year-"young" woman with hair loss, but I think everything is way worse when it happens at such a young age. Jazz1, you're an asset to these forums, really helpful to everyone (-:

Thank you for kind words, Dam i wish I had Mum like you, you seem very supportive over your son, great spirit and support I love it .

One question have you tried laser helmets? I would seriously consider these oils I know most people claim they are snake, but from my research I truly believe they may benefit YOU in some way!

My dream is to find a CURE for hairloss myself, I pray one day GOD gives me the knowledge to stumble across something so I can help everyone for free. I been researching about multiple gene pathways, I truly believe there's more to hairloss than just DHT. I also beleive our DNA is being altered through life style and environment.

Anyways I wish you all the best and your Son, I hope things work out for you both. If you ever need any help just hit me up, I'm always willing to help anyone and everyone, stay positive, be positive .

"Dam i wish I had Mum like you, you seem very supportive over your son, great spirit and support I love it . "

Lol--thx, but be careful what you wish for. Whenever I read comments from guys lamenting (rightfully so) about hair loss which I think are spot on, my son threatens to block me from BTT and ***. Seriously, I try to be a happy medium, meaning not making an ass of myself by trying to be his buddy but not being stuck in a time warp the way my parents were. Naturally, I can't relate to being a guy, so that's why I'm here, to understand his world better and, more so, to learn all I can about the best options for him and also for me. So I really thank you all for making me a better "mum" (love that!) by just pouring out your feelings and life experiences.

I have not tried the laser helmet yet. I befriended a woman on *** (she has AGA too) who is giving it a try (she bought one), and if she gets any results whatsoever, I'm going to give it a go. I'm leaning more towards Spiro, but my hypochondria is making me really think long and hard about that. Definitely if my kids were on their own, I would have been on it long ago.

I used to pray God would cure my hair loss, but after spending so much time on different forums, I realized that I could never be totally happy unless everyone adversely impacted by AGA, men and women, could be cured too. That's when I started praying that God would give the knowledge to researchers (or, better yet, you) to find a cure that would benefit all of us. I think about your DNA theory too, but then I think of my father (who would have been 90) and everyone else before him who went bald young, when the world wasn't so full of chemicals, pollution, artificial additives, EMFs, etc., and that deflates that theory for me. Definitely, though, I agree that DHT isn't the only mechanism.

Again, much thanks for your well wishes, which I extend to you as well (-: I have a follow-up appointment in a few weeks with my derm at Yale. There just has to be something better than the current options. (We used to make fun of those Rogaine commercials in the '70s--bad karma for me!)

Hey thank you for the kind words , Quote "Happy Medium", you psychic lol?. I hope and pray everything works out for you, I'm always looking on the Internet for CURES maybe one day GOD will make my wish come true to help CURE everyone .