+ Reply to Thread

Default Strongly Balding at 18, what it wrong? with pics PLEASE HELP

hello everyone, well my balding began when I was about the age of 16. by the time I started my semior year in highshhool, I was known as the bald kid in school. I didnt really let it affect me much because i knew my situation could have been much worse and thankfully it was just hair. Now im im college, girls dont even notice me amd im starting to lose confidence in my self, i went to a dermatologist and he said there was nothing he could do except slpw down the process, i come to you today to figure out what is happening. Its reallt destroying my confidence where i cant even go into a lightes area without covering my scalp with my hand. PLEASE HELP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	35375   Click image for larger version

Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	35376   Click image for larger version

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	35377   Click image for larger version

Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	35378  

I'm very sorry to see that you are experiencing such severe hair loss at such a young age. On a positive note, young men tend to be very good responder to treatment if you want to start treatment for the hair loss. I would recommend getting Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo from Walmart, then asking for the big gun Dustasteride from your dermatologist since your hair loss is so aggressive. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pboy101 View Post
    I'm very sorry to see that you are experiencing such severe hair loss at such a young age. On a positive note, young men tend to be very good responder to treatment if you want to start treatment for the hair loss. I would recommend getting Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo from Walmart, then asking for the big gun Dustasteride from your dermatologist since your hair loss is so aggressive. Good luck.
    Who told you that oung men usually respond better to treatment. If anything I would say worse
    I'm 16 almost 17 and ive been on Fin for nearly 4 months and my hairloss is way worse than when I started

Quote Originally Posted by ifoxd007 View Post
    hello everyone, well my balding began when I was about the age of 16. by the time I started my semior year in highshhool, I was known as the bald kid in school. I didnt really let it affect me much because i knew my situation could have been much worse and thankfully it was just hair. Now im im college, girls dont even notice me amd im starting to lose confidence in my self, i went to a dermatologist and he said there was nothing he could do except slpw down the process, i come to you today to figure out what is happening. Its reallt destroying my confidence where i cant even go into a lightes area without covering my scalp with my hand. PLEASE HELP
    Have you ever considered a hair transplant? Your donor area seems pretty thick..

Quote Originally Posted by TooYoungToobald View Post
    Who told you that oung men usually respond better to treatment. If anything I would say worse
    I'm 16 almost 17 and ive been on Fin for nearly 4 months and my hairloss is way worse than when I started
    The dermatologist who prescribed finasteride to me told me that. The reasoning being is that if you are young and losing it, then it is probably only recently that you started losing and hair loss treatment helps you save what you have and possibly regrow back what you recently loss because those hair cell are not yet completely dormant.

Almost 4 months is not enough time for just about all the cases of hair loss treatment. Sheds are common and widely documented when starting treatment of finasteride/minoxidil. During this time period, you will look like you lose ground and are below baseline. However, the best results are seen at 1 year and beyond from the stories that I've read. I just recently hit the 5 month mark on finasteride/minoxidil and I am also below baseline in hair density. However, I can see a whole new hairline made of young, thin hair that wasn't there 6 months ago. If I get good results at the 1 year mark (which I think I will the way things are going), I will have my own anecdote to add to the story.