Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachfuzz
    • Oct 2014

Not head but body going bald

Male, 40-something, musician. I have a problem. My head hair is as full as ever. Well, a somewhat receding hair line, but no baldness. Wavy hair down to my waist. Full on top.

But I'm going bald elsewhere. The hair all over the body is thinning, going white, and disappearing altogether. From my toes to my eyebrows, I'm going bald. It's embarrassing when a girl thinks you have had a bad shave in the nether regions. Trust me on this.

But the doctor doesn't take it seriously, even laughing it off, which hurts even more.

Are there any remedies for body hair loss? Surely, I can not be the only one to experience this?
  • mmmcoffee
    • Oct 2012

Why don't you and I trade: you can have my balding head and hairy body and I'll take your full head of hair and no body hair.

Great. Thanks.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
      • Jun 2013

Losing your eyebrows would suck. As far as the body hair goes...unless you have a time machine and plan on going back to the 70's it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• FlightTL
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
        Losing your eyebrows would suck. As far as the body hair goes...unless you have a time machine and plan on going back to the 70's it shouldn't be a problem.
        I agree with Johnny Cage...

As long as you keep your eyebrows, you've been given a gift from God...Hopefully all ur other health is good.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by beachfuzz
          Male, 40-something, musician. I have a problem. My head hair is as full as ever. Well, a somewhat receding hair line, but no baldness. Wavy hair down to my waist. Full on top.

But I'm going bald elsewhere. The hair all over the body is thinning, going white, and disappearing altogether. From my toes to my eyebrows, I'm going bald. It's embarrassing when a girl thinks you have had a bad shave in the nether regions. Trust me on this.

But the doctor doesn't take it seriously, even laughing it off, which hurts even more.

Are there any remedies for body hair loss? Surely, I can not be the only one to experience this?
          Black body hair seems to disappear when it turns white. Men commonly lose some of their eyebrow hair as they age. Commonly, corticosteroids have a side effect of excessive hair growth while some topical steroids specifically list excessive body hair. Topical steroids can cause skin thinning and dermatologists advise cautious use. A woman recently offered me, her opinion; body hair on a man is gross. Some women seem to like body hair (on a man). Eyebrows of course are a different story. Latisse seems to help hair in general grow. Women use it to improve their eyelashes.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
          Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
            Doctor Representative
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
            As far as the body hair goes...unless you have a time machine and plan on going back to the 70's it shouldn't be a problem.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	wig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	439041

Comment

Working...