+ Reply to Thread

Default How to contact Dr. Cole for 23 year old reversal?

Hi all,

I've posted here a couple of times before, and have been doing a lot of research. In July of 2012 I unfortunately had a hair transplant with Dr. Brett Bolton in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. The hairline is much lower than he even drew on me, and the grafts are mostly multiple follicular units. The result I must say, looks goofy. I've never had a hairline this low. It doesn't look natural. The grafts stand out from my other hair. I was told by his advisor, Josh Engoren, that it would look completely natural. My scar is not as thin as a pencil mark, although it is not a horrible hair transplant scar. I was told by Josh that it would be extremely thin and hard to see.

Fast-forward two years later, and my social life IS gone. I've hid away from my old friends but luckily I have a supporting girlfriend. I wear my hair long in the back in order to hide my scar and the grafts, but man do I hate it. No more swimming or even playing soccer I am just happy that I have the courage to go into work every day.

I've been talking with someone from Dr. Cole's office about removing the grafts and grafting into my scar, but as you can imagine for a 23 year old, my finances will absolutely not support much. I've asked several times since the beginning of the summer to talk with Dr. Cole. I've been denied every request. All I'm looking for is a five minute phone call to talk about graft removal, scar grafting, multiple follicular unit grafts, and what my future might look like.

Has anyone had any luck having a phone consult with him? The best I've got from his staff is the offer of micro-pigmentation which is cheaper than scar grafting, and that in order to actually talk to the doctor I need to schedule a surgery first.

Any advice out there? I'm not going to jump into anything again. If I need to keep spending 30 minutes a day styling my hair to not look like an obvious transplant head, I will.

Have you tried taking a loan out with your bank? How about going to another Dr one that will speak with you? Dr Cole is really good but he is not the only one out there...

Have you talked with Chuck who goes by "35YearsAfter" in this community?

He actively participates within this forum.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin