+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi Gillenator,there are a few doctors that i think produce good work and also perform other types of procedures.

I've called a couple of the best known offices and most if not all do some kind of other cosmetic procedure. Either Botox, or dermabrasion, or something. I don't think it makes too much of a difference as long as the doc knows what they’re doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Hi Gillenator,there are a few doctors that i think produce good work and also perform other types of procedures.
    I agree with you!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks for your comments guys.

Gillenator, I've been on Propecia for about 2 months now.

My hairline has never been particularly low which I think makes me all the more conscious of any recession no matter how small. I have a vision (maybe unrealistic) of being able to have the hairline 'fixed' or lowered slightly making me less conscious of my forehead but having done a lot of reading and doing Farjo's online consultation I will definitely be sticking with the meds for the time being!

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Thanks for your comments guys.

Gillenator, I've been on Propecia for about 2 months now.

My hairline has never been particularly low which I think makes me all the more conscious of any recession no matter how small. I have a vision (maybe unrealistic) of being able to have the hairline 'fixed' or lowered slightly making me less conscious of my forehead but having done a lot of reading and doing Farjo's online consultation I will definitely be sticking with the meds for the time being!
    juiceman,

You're doing the best possible "preventative approach" with the finasteride. And honestly, at your younger time of life, this little minor thinning probably makes you look better with your aging. You have another 12-14 months from now of observing the overall effects of the drug.

If you feel you can live with the results you get, cool. But if not, at least you know how to move forward.

You're doing good research and when you get ready to look at all of your options, let me know what you are thinking. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hey guys,

Been away from the site for a little while but keep coming back as it's such a great resource!

This may be a stupid question but as someone who hasn't done a lot of air travel I don't have much experience of this - does anyone know if airlines would object to a passenger carrying Propecia in their luggage? I'll be going on holiday in a couple of months for a week and would prefer not to have a situation at the airport where I'm asked what the meds are, as my friends don't know I take them.

Also, if I were to leave the Propecia at home for a week would this affect my progress having been taking it for around 6 months now?

Thanks!

Sorry guys, this would be better as a new thread....

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...0464#post10464

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Hey guys,

Been away from the site for a little while but keep coming back as it's such a great resource!

This may be a stupid question but as someone who hasn't done a lot of air travel I don't have much experience of this - does anyone know if airlines would object to a passenger carrying Propecia in their luggage? I'll be going on holiday in a couple of months for a week and would prefer not to have a situation at the airport where I'm asked what the meds are, as my friends don't know I take them.

Also, if I were to leave the Propecia at home for a week would this affect my progress having been taking it for around 6 months now?

Thanks!
    juiceman,

You'll be fine as long as your name is on the prescription bottle and you have your ID with you.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net