+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default being bald = being a (large) minority.Whine and change!

i was thinking about it last night - right now there are no solutions aside of surgical operations and stupid drugs. So in some way.... we are being discriminated. Right now every ****ing minority claims to have such and such rights and somehow the feeling-gooders-politicians are giving them a share of what they want to stop whining and vote them.... unless you live in Russia,but that's another topic

What i'm trying to say,and i forced the idea in my previous posts but nobody seems to care,is that we should use our ****ing brain instead of complaining and drop loads of money in stupid solutions - and use what we can,which mean mass media.

The age of social network has shown an increase of "donations" and "charity" (more similar to chain letters,but who cares) to every one who actually have had some problems - and here our chance, we shouldn't ask for money,but we should ask for compassion.

It's nothing new that if a problem become "viral" someboy starts to get notice and eventually moves up something. We should endorse the fact,everyone of us signing an online petition of sorts,that being bald is

A) being a part of a minority
    B) being socially excluded for being part of that minority
    C) being exploited and mocked by medical industries
    D) being morally,phisically and mentally suffering
    from an illness that no one wants to care about.

.... and we wanna be cured for real. Which means,having the opportunity to fix this shit because is our right to feel our integrity as human beings - at least with ONE operation granted and free ,especially for those of us RUINED and depressed with no way out from it. Patience can't go on forever even with the most patient among men - because then,well,you die....and you died having a ****ing awful time for a stupid sickness.

So this is my idea.
    Feel free to say it's bullshit,buy think how many of us would sign it in a blink of an eye and made it viral - ie GET MORE RECOGNITION
    or even HELP ?
    A chance and an idea for me is better than nothing,and that's what i think is a good idea. And i'm down for doing it.

These are the problems that will arise:

1. Women will laugh at such a viral campaign and tell you to man up
    2. Men with NW1's will laugh at such a viral campaign and tell you to man up
    3. The majority of bald men in denial about how hair loss has reduced their quality of life will laugh at such a viral campaign and tell you to man up

Also, women will just pity us, because there is no shortage of guys with full heads of hair for them. Their primal, instinctive reaction will be to pity you for wanting to do something about your misery. You can almost read the "know your place!" in their eyes. Guys with NW1 will not accept more competition. Men who have a NW1 in their 40's are above 50% of the male population on the dating market.

i dont think so:

1. If a woman find you attractive she will try to understand you.
    2. Men with NW1 will regret it anyway
    3. The majority of bald men in denial about how hair loss has reduced their quality of life will think about it two times before even saying something. Every bald man wants help,deep down.

They pity us already. What do you care? Are you ashamed of being seen as a bald "loser"? we both are right now,in the better of the cases,they will not even look this fact when you'll get cured. If you get cured,if this things works as expected,if you get rid of your doubts.....and try,regardless of what people think of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex88 View Post
    3. The majority of bald men in denial about how hair loss has reduced their quality of life will think about it two times before even saying something. Every bald man wants help,deep down.
    Yeah, they don't want people to feel sorry for them. And they're right. It's called pride or self esteem.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I prefer things the way they are and all we need are more effective treatments for those who really hate their hair loss. Some studies find bald men more masculine to women rather than less.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ss-attractive/

The most popular guy I have ever met in my life with women is a Norwood 6. He knows I work for a hair transplant doctor and doesn't care one bit about his hair loss. Everyone's different.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 10-15-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    These are the problems that will arise:

1. Women will laugh at such a viral campaign and tell you to man up
    2. Men with NW1's will laugh at such a viral campaign and tell you to man up
    3. The majority of bald men in denial about how hair loss has reduced their quality of life will laugh at such a viral campaign and tell you to man up

Also, women will just pity us, because there is no shortage of guys with full heads of hair for them. Their primal, instinctive reaction will be to pity you for wanting to do something about your misery. You can almost read the "know your place!" in their eyes. Guys with NW1 will not accept more competition. Men who have a NW1 in their 40's are above 50% of the male population on the dating market.
    You assume that every guy with NW1 looks like a male model. While in reality there are many ugly NW1s with potato faces, receded chins, negative canthal titled eyes and many other flaws. An ugly guy would be ugly regardless of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Yeah, they don't want people to feel sorry for them. And they're right. It's called pride or self esteem.
    True, its called accepting yourself. I personally, wouldn't like to pretend to be someone else. I am bald, and that is how I am. No need to pretend I have hair.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    You assume that every guy with NW1 looks like a male model. While in reality there are many ugly NW1s with potato faces, receded chins, negative canthal titled eyes and many other flaws. An ugly guy would be ugly regardless of hair.
    If you type "ugly guys" in Google and hit "images", looks like at least 90% of the pics show men with hair.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    True, its called accepting yourself. I personally, wouldn't like to pretend to be someone else. I am bald, and that is how I am. No need to pretend I have hair.
    What are you still doing on the forum then?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    What are you still doing on the forum then?
    and why you're still having a problem about it? i personally think is better having someone who post things having a nice perspective of himself rather than some meathead asshole telling me to "man up"

anyway.... Who cares about what people will think? if we don't do something,nothing will change and something is better than nothing