+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Yeah, they don't want people to feel sorry for them. And they're right. It's called pride or self esteem.
    having a normal self esteem is good in every kind of situation you're going to confront yourself with (and i know,i've been without it for a long time)
    so props to them (Y) ...but my self image won't just fit with myself if i dont even try to get my hair back
    thats it - my self image. Right now i'm feeling like i'm stuck with the same pair of ugly shoes for years and i can't buy one and its tiresome!

I like the idea, but even if we got millions of signatures, I doubt it would work and possibly end up just making us more of a laughing stock. I agree with the problems that fred listed. In order for a bald compassion/cure movement to work is to get big names to support it. Take for example Lebron James. He is obviously losing his hair and has been seen using consealers. He is one of the most powerful(financially, physically) guys in America, an alpha male if you will. If he came out and supported a movement similar to the one you are proposing, that would make a huge impact. People would realize if baldness affects somebody in his position, it must be devastating to to the average guy. Keep in mind that it would take more than one powerful guy to come forward for this movement to really gain any momentum.

And that's how the media will respond to Lebron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F02AX8JerUo

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post

The most popular guy I have ever met in my life with women is a Norwood 6. He knows I work for a hair transplant doctor and doesn't care one bit about his hair loss. Everyone's different.
    Neil Strauss shaves his Norwood 6 head. And guess what, he's the most famous pick up artist and has slept with over 1000 women. He also has a great shaped head.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    And that's how the media will respond to Lebron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F02AX8JerUo
    And this isn't the only time this has happened. I was watching another show on ESPN where the hosts were doing the same thing. The worst part of it was that both of the hosts were bald themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Neil Strauss shaves his Norwood 6 head. And guess what, he's the most famous pick up artist and has slept with over 1000 women. He also has a great shaped head.
    Sorry to break it to you but Neil Strauss has been found out to be a scam artist long ago.

These PUA's, they really had their thing going, but they all get unmasked eventually, one after the other.

You realise that even those who are honest about their numbers have like 1% and open 1000 girls a year. I'm thinking about Krauser here, he's a NW6 "PUA" too.

And the only success he gets is with Eastern European or Mexican women, and guess what, these women most likely see him like a walking passport.

How could you trust and take "dating advice" from these guys. And how do they find the time to open these girls? It makes you wonder.

You're a guy that has a minimum his shit together and you hit on 1000 girls, of course some are going to say yes at a point. I can work with everything, not just women.

having a sponsor is somehow a plus but not always.
    it just really depends how the media perceive baldness and right now is "Well,sucks to be you baldie but who cares?man up" and this is generally said by people that a) have so much money/women/recognition that even if they are bald they dont care (ie jaded assholes) b) have hair. Is not their problem.

But back to the sponsor thing,i dont think there will be any major interest if this thing don't even start and keep rolling for a while. The main trick is to NOT let the others perceive the baldies as if we're asking for pity. No sad images of a bald guy crying and the other with a full head smashing a grade A blonde or anything else..... only the fact we're having a problem no one wants to recognize,and we're tired of coping with this in 2014.

It is a matter of format/empathy if something is plausible,good or generally successful. We have to think about it.

and seriously guys..... who gives a shit about what others think? i want my hair back and what else there is to do anyway?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I don't care how tough a guys is, seeing yourself the star in a YouTube video like that, gives you a kind of sinking, sick feeling. Remember how unnatural VP Biden's hair once looked? Kind of a low hairline for his hair loss in the back but now it looks at least 90% better than it once did. Artistic training should be a strict requirement to become a hair restoration doctor or SMP practitioner.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

[QUOTE=35YrsAfter;187050]I don't care how tough a guys is, seeing yourself the star in a YouTube video like that, gives you a kind of sinking, sick feeling. Remember how unnatural VP Biden's hair once looked? Kind of a low hairline for his hair loss in the back but now it looks at least 90% better than it once did. Artistic training should be a strict requirement to become a hair restoration doctor or SMP practitioner.

word

No one is going to care and even if they did what changes exactly? Really what is the logic that anything different happens by really pounding home MPB? I mean we see it everyday I think everyone is well aware it exists.
    There are years to wait for any new treatment so I advise you get patience because nothing will make that happen faster.